Medical Receptionist/ Typist
Advertiser: Centre for Digestive DiseasesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Oct 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Medical Receptionist / Typist
- Experienced and Supportive Team
- Fast Paced Environment
- Full Time (Monday to Friday) & Part Time Positions (3-days per week) Available
- Sydney, Inner West Location
The Centre for Digestive Diseases (CDD) is a private day procedure hospital and medical practice located in the Inner West of Sydney. The Centre takes great pride in its highly regarded specialist clinical staff, cutting edge technology and novel treatments. It has distinguished itself locally and internationally as a unique medical institution offering novel approaches in researching, diagnosing and treating gastrointestinal (GI) conditions.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced medical receptionist to join our administration team. To succeed in the role, you will be well presented and demonstrate excellent communication skills when dealing with patients in person and over the telephone. In addition, your strong customer service experience and attention to detail will be highly regarded.
The role is for a full time position (Monday – Friday) and a part time position (minimum 3 days per week). The Centre operates Monday through to Friday 6:30am to 6pm. You must be available to work until 6:00pm or stay back for overtime when required.
The key duties of this role include but are not limited to:
- Telephone duties of receiving and directing calls
- Administrative tasks of patient care
- Patient data entry using medical software
- Patient bookings, Preparation of all admission / discharge paperwork
- Processing patient payments and claims via credit card, Medicare and Private Health Funds
- General reception duties including filing, faxing and email management
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding customer service experience
- Professional & friendly telephone manner
- Strong ability to multi-task, time manage and meet deadlines
- Flexibility with hours
- Previous medical experience.
- Competent in medical terminology and preferably in gastroenterology
- High level computer skills
- Team player.
- Great interpersonal skills with patients and team members
- Proven experience in typing a high volume of medical reports.
- Exceptional typing speed with a high degree of accuracy and grammar with a minimum typing speed of 70 wpm
- Professional presentation and attitude;
- Proactive approach & good work ethic
We offer a professional working environment with training on all relevant software. A clear Police Check is mandatory.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this challenging position, please forward a Cover Letter to the HR Manager with your CV and apply through SEEK.
ONLY Australian citizens / permanent residents need apply. Only successful applicant will be contacted for interview, and then asked to supply at least 2 references.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- What's your preferred work type?
- What's your average typing speed?