- Job Listing Date
- 23 Oct 2019
- Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
Martinus Rail is a 100% Australian owned and operated rail construction company working on some of Australia's largest rail infrastructure projects. We are a company that focuses on finding people who are the right fit into our company culture as much as having the right skills and experience. We encourage learning, experimentation and out of the box thinking, and we know that fun is a vital element of an engaged and productive workplace. We value the importance of balance between work and family life and promote this philosophy throughout the company.
We are seeking a talented Finance Manager with Infrastructure or Construction industry experience and who has strong all-round skills with a focus on Financial Accounting/Tax as well as Projects/Contracts.
The role reports into the General Manager Finance, manages a small team (GL/AP/AR/Payroll), and will be responsible for the full month-end/year-end close process as well as supporting the GM Finance in the production of financial statements, audit queries, and ad hoc reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate will be more than just a numbers person. We are looking for someone who can not only control costs & finances, but also someone with analytical skills balanced by an understanding of how businesses and contracts run.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Commerce (or industry equivalent)
- Full membership CA/CPA
- Proven background in construction projects. Rail track construction experience highly favourable.
- Demonstrable experience at a similar level ideally gained within a high growth environment
- Manage accounting close process incl journals, project & overhead review, and Tax Effect Accounting entries
- Facilitate timely and accurate reporting relating to actual cost and P&L.
- Report on expected and actual project performance against agreed KPIs including root cause analysis.
- Understanding of the overall project development requirements and stages of projects
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to liaise with key stakeholders
This role will be based at our head office in Kirrawee, please apply via the link or e-mail our Recruitment Advisor - firstname.lastname@example.org