Advertiser: 2XM RecruitMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Oct 2019
- Work Type
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
2XM Recruit is part of a global group of companies delivering quality recruitment solutions across Engineering, Rail, Mining and Construction. Within our Rail division we offer a wide range of Blue Collar and White-Collar Recruitment Solutions across Rail Infrastructure and Rolling Stock and are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to work within a State upgrade Rail project based in Melbourne Victoria.
The successful candidate will be confident in their mechanical engineering skills and will be familiar with concept design work and technical specifications.
Design work across the following:
- Propulsion equipment design verification for requirement to achieve operating range and fuel consumption
- Calculation and technical specification for Vehicle performance
- Gauging assessment based on bogie movement input parameters and routine test procedure to satisfy new requirements
- Technical report and calculation to demonstrate cooling system capacity with additional payload
- Clearance diagram for new equipment (water tanks, genset, roof exhaust fan).
- Calculate basic reference kinematic outline and swept kinematic outline and assess the vehicle against this reference kinematic outline
- Type Test procedure for acceleration and braking and propulsion
- Review and update Design simulation and test for point to point run times
- Review brake calculations, thermal calculations and test protocols
- Noise evaluation plan and interior and exterior noise test procedure
- Test plan to be developed to include new genset, standard gauge bogie, catering unit, event recorder
- Emergency coupler adaptor - assessment of strength, rescue and recovery instruction for standard gauge vehicles
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- Previous mechanical engineering experience within Rolling Stock or similar field
- Work history across Mechanical Systems and Design
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including negotiation and influencing skills
- $$$ Competitive day rate – negotiable depending on experience
- Be part of an innovative and diverse culture which evolves as the market grows
- Circa 6-month contract with possibility for further opportunities
Please note that suitable candidates will be asked to conduct pre-employment medicals including drug and alcohol testing. This is a great opportunity to join a highly professional organisation. If you meet the above criteria apply now for a confidential interview.