- Job Listing Date
- 17 Jan 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Team Leaders/Supervisors
Production Line Supervisor – Day and Night Shift, 7-day fortnight 6.00am-6.00pm or 6pm-6am
Location – Braeside, Melbourne
Hours of Work – 7-day fortnight 6.00am-6.00pm and 6pm- 6am
Employee benefits - Great work/life balance & attractive career development & progression and the chance to work on one of the world’s most automated production lines.
Laurent Bakery has always been driven by love and respect for the craft of French artisan baking and exists as a homage to the values of a village bakery.
In order to maintain our exceptional product standards and continued smooth running of our facilities, we are looking for an outstanding and experienced Production Line Supervisor.
- As a Production Line Supervisor you will be responsible for supervision of the employees' immediate work on the line, schedules and quality control. You will be the Production Managers eyes and ears on the line during operations. We are looking for an experienced Production Line Supervisor to oversee our production operations. You’ll guarantee that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees and organising workflows.
- In a fast paced environment like production, the supervisor is an integral part of the manufacturing process. You must be competent and be able to comprehend complex operations. You should also be able to optimise day-to-day activities while minimising the costs.
- Your goal is to ensure that production processes delivers products of maximum quality in a profitable manner.
- Proven experience as a Production Line Supervisor or similar role
- Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Experience in driving a PLC/Electronic interface line
- Organisational and leadership abilities Communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Problem-solving skills
- Learn the line and be the line expert
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
- Oversee and coach employees
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and report issues to maintenance
- Check production output according to specifications
- Complete reports on performance and progress
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
This role is pivotal in providing all our customers with the bread that has made Laurent Bakery famous, Australian wide.
As a reward you will receive a wonderful work/life balance and a chance to develop and progress your career through the multiple opportunities we have at Laurent Bakery.
Applicants must be able to work in Australia without any ongoing work restrictions. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Are you up for the challenge?
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have as a production supervisor?
- What has motivated you to apply for this role?
- What is you expected annual salary inclusive of superannuation?