Governess / Teacher
Advertiser: AAM Investment GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Oct 2019
- Katherine & Northern Australia
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Primary
Who We Are
Legune Station is located on 306,000 hectares of private land in the Joseph Bonaparte Gulf, bordering Western Australia and the picturesque Kimberley region. Legune Station runs 35,000 head of high-grade Brahman cattle, with approximately 20 staff located at the station. The region boasts some of the best fishing in Australia and provides easy access to top attractions such as Lake Argyle, the Bungle Bungles and El Questro Homestead just to name a few!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Governess or qualified Teacher to join the team at Legune Station. You will be responsible for teaching a class of three students (Pre-School to Grade 2), supported by Katherine School of the Air. You will have the use of a well-appointed separate school room, close to amenities. This position will have a start date of January 2020.
Key accountabilities include:
- Teaching a class of three school aged children the Katherine School of the Air curriculum during the week;
- Overseeing the curriculum planning and implementation of learning programs;
- Providing a safe and inclusive learning environment for the students in your care;
- Occasional weekend work which could include, but is not limited to, cooking, domestic duties and assisting the stock camp;
- Willingness to travel to Katherine & other locations for school related events.
About the successful candidate
The role suits a motivated individual who is positive, enthusiastic and keen to provide a quality learning experience for their students. It is essential that you:
- Hold a current first aid certificate;
- Are eligible to obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check (Ochre card) in the Northern Territory;
- Have early childhood or primary teaching qualifications or equivalent experience;
- Hold a current driver’s licence;
- Have a willingness and ability to live and work in a remote location; and
- Have a passion for making a difference to the lives of children.
In return, you will be joining a progressive and innovative Australian-owned group leading the way in livestock operations throughout Australia. A competitive daily rate is on offer, with meals, accommodation, and Wi-Fi included. You will be accommodated in a single private bedroom with air-conditioning and a shared bathroom, with the majority of your weekends free to explore the best tourist spots in the region!
You will enjoy a great community feel with fellow station team members and will have opportunities to attend social events including race days, rodeos and camp drafts.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Please apply by providing a cover letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the key responsibilities of the role, along with a copy of your current resume.
For further information, please head to our website at www.aamig.com.au/about/careers
Please note: The successful applicant is required to complete a pre-employment medical assessment and a National Police Check.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?