Advertiser: ANZICSMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 24 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Please note that only applications with Cover Letters addressing the Selection Criteria will be reviewed.
The Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society (ANZICS) is the leading advocate on all intensive care related matters. ANZICS leads the world in intensive care research through its Clinical Trials Group and patient databases. The Society is devoted to all aspects of intensive care medical practice through ongoing professional education, the provision of leadership in medical settings, clinical research and analysis of critical care resources.
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Supervisor and the Executive Assistant, the Administration Assistant is primarily responsible for providing support to ANZICS key executive roles, various ANZICS committees and its members. This role entails a range of responsibilities including membership support/correspondence/maintenance, assisting with website management, coordinating society communications via various digital media channels and general administrative duties, including supporting meetings (including the preparation of agenda’s and minutes), organising travel and other related functions as directed by the ANZICS Operations Team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing administrative support to Operations Team members and related activities, and ANZICS senior staff.
- Supporting the administrative functions of the various ANZICS committees, inclusive of end-to-end meeting organisation (development and formatting of documents including meeting agendas, minutes and reports, arranging committee member travel, venue bookings and catering).
- Providing administrative support with ANZICS events including maintaining and updating conference pages on the ANZICS website and in our Event database. Processing registrations, attendance at Events etc.
- Maintaining and analysing the ANZICS membership database including processing new membership applications, renewals and outstanding payments
- Undertaking the management of the ANZICS website on a periodic basis.
- Coordinating the dissemination of digital media communications via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other relevant platforms as required.
- Undertaking the compilation of marketing/public relations materials, including our monthly member newsletter (The Intensivist) and other relevant resources to promote the society to its members and other key stakeholders.
- Corresponding with members via E-mail, telephone, etc…
- General administration duties as directed
- Administering manual and electronic filing systems
- Answering inbound telephone calls and responding to E-mail inquiries
- Coordinating all incoming and outgoing mail
- Effectively project manage the day-to-day operations of the office to ensure a smooth flow of work tasks and support
- Interstate travel may be required from time-to-time.
- A relevant tertiary degree or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in an administrative role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the capacity to prioritise tasks independently and manage time effectively to meet deadlines, and the ability to manage varied and conflicting demands to meet agreed standards and timelines
- Proven ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team and to liaise effectively with team members at all levels
- Demonstratable experience in database and website management, or an ability to obtain skills, including an ability to maintain a website.
- Experience with, or an ability to learn digital media skills (including internal mailing lists, eg. Mail Chimp).
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
The Position Description can be found at: https://www.anzics.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019_Oct-Position-Description_Administration-Assistant_FINAL.pdf
Applications closing 9am AEDT Wednesday 20th November 2019.
Only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?