Strategic Communications Manager
Advertiser: Parenting Research CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Oct 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Management
- Supportive, progressive and dynamic organisation promoting flexible working arrangements and work/life balance
- Part time or Full time (4-5 days)
- Melbourne OR Sydney
About the Organisation
The Parenting Research Centre is an independent non-profit organisation that helps children thrive by driving new and improved ways to support families in their parenting.
We think the best way to do this is by helping governments and community agencies put the best scientific evidence on parenting support into action. Our focus to date has been on organisations in the fields of health, education and welfare.
We work in partnership to help organisations build their own and others’ capacity to deliver good parenting support.
About the Opportunity
We now have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and proactive Strategic Communications Manager to join the team in Melbourne or Sydney.
Reporting to the Director, Policy and Practice and working closely with the CEO and executive team, this critical role will be responsible for leading a small team to develop and implement integrated marketing, media and communication strategies. The focus will be on supporting the organisation’s business development work, while also increasing its ability to influence policy conversations about parenting support.
More specifically, some of your key duties will include:
- Developing and implementing the Centre’s annual strategic communications plan
- Managing the Parenting Research Centre, raisingchildren.net.au and other flagship brands in accordance with existing policies and philosophies
- Overseeing and supporting all Parenting Research Centre and raisingchildren.net.au media engagement (both proactive and reactive)
- Providing communications and stakeholder management advice to key organisational projects (i.e. acting as an internal consultant).
- Overseeing the successful running and promotion of corporate events.
- Providing purposeful, tailored writing for a range of internal and external audiences.
To be considered for this role, you will hold tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or Journalism). You'll also have demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a range of marketing, branding, advertising, media and publicity strategies. Previous experience working in the non -profit sector and digital media strategy experience will be highly regarded.
You will have a strong record in managing projects relating to marketing and stakeholder engagement activities, as well as excellent writing skills allowing you to produce a high volume of tailored written pieces for a range of audiences.
All applicants must be willing to undergo a National Police Check before commencing. For more information on working at the Parenting Research Centre, please visit www.parentingrc.org.au/index.php/careers
What you'll get in return
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing and Communications professional to enhance the profile of a non-profit organisation that is making a real difference to Australian children and their families. You will also receive a competitive annual salary and have access to professional development opportunities within a flexible, supportive and values-driven workplace.
You will have the opportunity to lead and develop a small team and have the satisfaction of seeing your work directly impact on the future growth of our organisation.
Please note: Applications close 5pm Sunday 17th November, 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?