Health Promotion & Research Officer
Advertiser: Surf Life Saving Western AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Oct 2019
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
Surf Life Saving Western Australia (SLSWA)
- Is a volunteer based not-for-profit community service association
- The peak coastal safety agency in Western Australia
- Consists of a state centre, over 21,000 members and 31 surf life saving clubs located along the WA coast from Esperance to Broome
Our mission is to Save Lives and Build Great Communities along the coastline of Western Australia. We reduce coastal drowning deaths and injuries by
- Providing an essential educational and emergency rescue service to all users of Western Australian beaches
- Educating the broader community on coastal safety through training, education and public awareness programs and thereby increasing its capacity to recreate safely
- Facilitating and enabling the involvement of our Clubs and their members in four key activity pillars being Nippers & Youth, Lifesaving, Training & Education and Surf Sports.
Reporting to the Corporate Services General Manager, the Health Promotion and Research Officer works across all SLSWA departments on a range of initiatives (in both lead and support capacities) to ensure SLSWA continues to deliver a quality and relevant service to the Western Australian surf life saving clubs, members and community.
Ideally suited to entry level Health Promotion practitioner, this broad role encompasses
- Management and analysis of coastal drowning data to identify associated trends
- Research, planning, delivery and evaluation of SLSWA health promotion and member engagement initiatives
- Providing support to clubs in relation to club level community programs and member engagement, equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Development of and assistance with grant proposals and acquittals
- Acting (on occasion) as a media spokesperson on organisation issues relating to the portfolio
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button and submit a PDF of your cover letter and resume addressing your suitability against the key deliverables and selection criteria.
SLSWA is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates will be required to undertake a working with children check and National Police Check (required prior to employment confirmation).
For more information and selection criteria, view the full position description at www.mybeach.com.au/employment
PBI salary packaging benefits are available and will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Principal location: 7 Delawney Street. BALCATTA WA 6021.
*Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close 5pm Monday 11 November 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?