Customer Service, Internal Sales and Administration
Advertiser: Southern Star GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 27 Oct 2019
- South West Coast VIC
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Client & Sales Administration
The Southern Star Group of companies is a privately owned Australian business that specialises in the design, manufacture and distribution of an exclusive range of quality timber and aluminium window and door systems. The group comprises trusted brands such as Canterbury Timber Windows and Doors, Southern Star Aluminium Windows and Doors, Homeview Timber Windows and Doors, and Southern Star Glass, with the recent introduction of doors and fixings delivered to the market under the Big J brand. Becoming Australia's fastest growing aluminium and timber window and door manufacturer, the Southern Star Group has 8 branches Australia wide.
We are seeking a motivated person to join our Internal Sales team. Based at our Head Office in North Geelong this is a great opportunity to develop your sales and customer service career with us.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting customers with product selection
- Quoting/estimating, and responding to phone and website enquiries.
- Follow up of quotes and orders.
- Maintaining great relationships with our existing prepaid and account customers.
- Building new relationships with potential customers.
- Liaison with internal departments - accounts, planning and despatch.
- Providing support to members of the External Sales team.
Extensive training will be given in the use of our computer programs, V6 and Filemaker. However, prior experience with using these programs would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will display the following attributes:
- A background in and administrative office environment
- Competent computer skills.
- Efficient data entry skills.
- Be well presented.
- Excellent communication and time managements skills
- Have an eye for detail and excellent numeracy skills
- Be enthusiastic and goal oriented.
- Have the desire and ability to learn and comprehend some of the technical aspects of the construction industry as they relate to the application of windows and doors.
- An interest in sales and an exemplary customer service ethic.
- The ability to be a team player and work within a close knit team.
Experience in a similar role within the building/manufacturing industry would be highly regarded.
What's in it for you
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant, based on qualifications, skills and experience. You will be working in a constantly growing and innovative business that values committed and enthusiastic employees. Training and support will help you succeed in your role and set you up for further opportunities as you develop in the business.
If this sounds like you, apply by submitting your letter of application together with your resume and details of three referees.
For more information about the Southern Star Group, go to our website at www.windowsanddoors.build
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- Do you have experience in a data entry role?