Advertiser: Surf Life Saving Western AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Oct 2019
- Perth, Northern Suburbs & Joondalup
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Surf Life Saving Western Australia (SLSWA) is a volunteer based not-for-profit community service organisation and the key agency for beach safety in WA through the provision of essential educational and emergency rescue service to users of West Australian beaches.
Surf Life Saving Western Australia is searching for a Marketing Officer to join their team.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Marketing and Partnerships team to implement the marketing and communications strategies of the organisation, to promote Surf Life Saving WA and its activities to the WA community, members and stakeholders.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and productive individual with a broad marketing skillset and the ability to work within a small team to deliver coordinated and timely communications across digital and non-digital channels.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply and develop their marketing expertise across a range of projects and activities demonstrating their ability to write creative, targeted copy; experience utilising digital and tradition platforms; and excellent communications skills and attention to detail.
Key Duties include:
- Work closely with other members of the Marketing & Partnerships team to deliver coordinated and timely communications across digital and non-digital channels
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to source content for communications channels including newsletters, websites, and social media
- Write engaging content for sharing across selected communications channels
- Compile and distribute eNewsletters and EDM using MailChimp
- Manage, update and maintain databases for distribution of digital communications
- Assist internal departments to develop and implement marketing activities and campaigns
- Plan, write, and schedule social media posts to support organisational marketing activities
- Day to day monitoring of social media platforms and coordination of responses to enquiries
- Work with internal departments to maintain and update content on SLSWA websites
- Produce and provide regular marketing reports including utilising Google Analytics and Facebook Insights and Ads
- Assume any other responsibilities as assigned by the Marketing & Partnerships Coordinator
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven skills and experience working with website CMS’s including WordPress
- Experience with Mailchimp (or similar email marketing platform/s) for distribution of EDM and eNewsletters
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write engaging content for a variety of mediums and audiences including websites, newsletters, and social media
- Proven experience utilising social media channels in a corporate environment
- Working experience with Adobe Creative Suite for photo editing and creating social media content, images etc.
- Computer proficiency including advanced MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ability to quickly gain working knowledge of new programs/platforms (e.g. media monitors)
- Experience with digital marketing tools, including Google Analytics, and Facebook Ads and Analytics.
- Ability to work weekends on occasion as required.
Also desirable would be:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Commerce or a related field
- Experience implementing paid social media advertising campaigns
- Video production/editing skills
- Experience with social media management platforms such as Hootsuite
- Knowledge of Surf Life Saving and Surf Life Saving Western Australia
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button and submit a PDF of your Resume and application addressing your suitability against the Selection Criteria.
SLSWA is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people. All candidates will be required to undertake a working with children check (required prior to employment confirmation).
PBI salary packaging benefits are available and will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Principal location: 7 Delawney Street. BALCATTA WA 6021.
*Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Applications close 9am Monday 11 November 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?