Head of Performance
Advertiser: Mackay CuttersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Oct 2019
- Mackay & Coalfields
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Fitness & Personal Training
Our Team are now calling for applications for the position of Head of Performance to implement your philosophy and ethos of Rugby League within the community of Mackay. This role is not for the faint hearted, however your commitment and passion for the game of rugby league and your inspiring leadership presence will be the platform for your success, and ultimately the Clubs success both on and off the field.
There are many great reasons to work for our club, however none more satisfying than the impact our roles can have on the community. Rugby league has always been about the people and our strong brand presence. Coupled with our community initiatives and pathway partnership with NRL’s North Queensland Cowboys, these factors ensure that we focus on increasing participation in the game and giving back to our local community, Mackay where living in paradise is a part of everyday life.
Covering 7,621 square kilometres, this region offers an idyllic lifestyle on the Central Queensland coast, from picturesque beaches, nearby island resorts, beautiful rainforests and great climate. With close to 120,000 residents, home to major shopping, entertainment and sporting events, there is always something to do.
The QCCS Mackay Cutters are an Australian semi-professional rugby league club based in Mackay, North Queensland. The Mackay Cutters are affiliated with Queensland Rugby League and are a pathway partner to the NRL’s North Queensland Cowboys.
Our club comprises of three teams. Our senior team that competes in the state-wide Intrust Super Cup the Queensland 2nd tier rugby league competition of Australia, our under 20’s team that competes in the state-wide Hastings Deering Colts Cup below the Intrust Super Cup and an under 18’s team that competes in the state-wide Mal Meninga competition that runs for a shortened period. A young athletes academy structure sits below these teams and is an integral part of our pathway program.
The Head of Performance is a full-time position that aims to lead the preparation of the club’s athletes for the seasonal demands of state-based competition; additionally, has a focus on community engagement and education in the areas of health, well-being, and performance.
The clubs Head of Performance will be responsible for the design and implementation of the overall physical performance plan. The successful applicant will lead and support a multi-disciplinary team of coaches, trainers, physiotherapists, and medical staff to make effective informed decisions to best prepare our players for training and competition.
The Head of Performance primary actions are with the senior Intrust Super Cup squad, whilst the role expands to set the philosophies and technical direction of the club’s physical development programs throughout our development Under 20’s, Under 18’s, and academy squads.
The community engagement responsibilities of this role involve an active involvement to impact local businesses, schools, sporting organizations, and other community groups to present information and provide strategies to improve the holistic health and well-being within our community of Mackay.
A keen interest in all areas of health, well-being, and human performance, as well as a commitment to personal and professional development through service will see success in this role.
The responsibilities of the Head of Performance will include the following;
- Set the physical performance and development philosophies, systems, and processes for the Mackay Cutters Rugby League Club.
- Design the periodised performance plans and training schedules to all Mackay Cutters Squads (ISC, HDC, MMC)
- Design individualized and periodised athletic development (gym based) programs for Mackay Cutters Squads
- Design periodised physical conditioning (field based) program for Mackay Cutters Squads
- Design rehabilitation programs and protocols for return to running and return to contact for Mackay Cutters Squads
- Design sports science (player and training monitoring) programs for Mackay Cutters Squads.
- Lead and provide active mentorship to assistant performance staff and interns.
- Lead physical preparation strategies for game day (nutrition, mobility/stability, injury prevention) for Mackay Cutters ISC Squad; support and delegate to training staff for HDC and MMC
- Report North Queensland Cowboys allocated squad members training and playing data to NQ Cowboys performance staff
- Create, design, present, review, and improve the Cutters Corporate Care presentations to community groups and partners
- Co-present the Cutters Care primary schools’ presentations
Skills & Attributes
- A thorough understanding of technical knowledge within the strength and conditioning, sports science, and health and well-being fields.
- Over three years of experience within strength and conditioning coaching and sports science application (specifically GPS and other training/player monitoring strategies).
- Experience working with youth and senior rugby league athletes would be of benefit.
- Competent with data analysis and reporting to multi-disciplinary teams, utilizing a range of software such as MS Excel and GPS Analysis Software.
- Great professionalism, specifically excellent time management and work ethic.
- Great personal services skills, specifically communication, leadership, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Display strong character and team orientated attributes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 2 Australian Strength and Conditioning Coach (ASCA)
- Undergraduate Degree within Exercises and Sports Science
- First Aid / CPR
- Working with children’s check (Blue Card)
- Level 1 / 2 Sports Trainer (SMA) (desirable)
Salary & Application
- SEEK applications should consist of an up to date copy of your resume and a short cover letter with an explanation of your suitability for this role in accordance with the Position Description.
- Remuneration package will be discussed at the interview stage.
Please note: Applications close 9pm Sunday the 10th of November 2019.
All applications are strictly confidential. By providing this information, candidates agree that on-list references may be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?