Planned Support Worker - Case Management
Advertiser: Survivors & Mates Support Network LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Oct 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
About the business
Survivors & Mates Support Network (SAMSN) is a not-for-profit organisation co-founded by male survivors of child sexual abuse. SAMSN offers a range of FREE professional & peer support services available to men and their families regardless of ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. SAMSN aims to build a support network that gives voice and agency to male survivors. These services include individual planned support, monthly meetings and professionally facilitated eight-week groups, as well as supporters and service provider's workshops.
About the role
We are looking for suitably qualified/experienced people to join the SAMSN team as a Planned Support Worker.
The Planned Support Worker will work closely with the Clinical Services Manager and the SAMSN team. You will make a real difference in the lives of men and their families, supporting them in addressing their ongoing needs.
SAMSN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We strongly encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology or related discipline.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of the dynamics and impacts of child sexual abuse across the lifespan, including mental health issues, drug and alcohol issues, and relational difficulties.
- Demonstrated experience (min. 5 years) of working with trauma informed principles.
- Experience in providing counselling and/or case management to survivors of childhood trauma.
- Knowledge of and experience of dealing with organisations and systems that provide key services such as Centrelink, housing and health services and victim services.
- Good spoken, written and cross-cultural communication skills
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
Please note: To apply for this position you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia.
- NSW Driver's Licence
- Demonstrated coordination, administration and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and responsibly
- Understanding of the NGO sector
How to apply:
Address your cover letter to the Clinical Services Manager, Shane Greentree and email your application along with the responses to the Selection Criteria to email@example.com.
Please note: Your application will only be considered if you address the selection criteria.
Benefits and perks
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment, and a team of hardworking and committed service providers. As the successful applicant you'll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills.
Appropriate supported supervision and professional development will be provided as part of the role.
Skills and experience
The Role will require:
- A good understanding of the dynamics and impacts of child sexual abuse
- Tertiary qualifications and experience in community development/social work or a related discipline
- Willingness and capacity to travel
- Ability to network and work collaboratively with a wide range of people.