- Job Listing Date
- 29 Oct 2019
- Perth, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management Accounting & Budgeting
Sadleirs is a diverse and historic industry leader specialising in Logistics, Global Freight, Packaging and Plantagenet Wines.
As a pioneer of the Great Southern region, Plantagenet’s reputation is celebrated for its rich heritage, its expressive wines and family-owned sensibility, making it one of the most trusted wine brands in the country.
About this Opportunity
A unique role working for Plantagenet Wines under the Sadleirs umbrella, you will be contributing to the financial integrity of Sadleirs by ensuring accurate, timely and effective financial reporting and analysis on an ongoing basis. This is a business partnering role working closely with the relevant Senior Management teams within the Winery based in Mt Barker, playing an active role in streamlining and improving business process.
- Prepare a variety of monthly and annual financial reports, statements and papers for management and the Board of Directors;
- Prepare monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Coordinate the annual budget and sales forecasts for the Winery;
- Work with the winemaking and production teams to ensure prompt customer invoicing for all aspects of the winery;
- Ensure compliance of all winery inventory and translate this into the accounting system; and
- Report on various tax requirements for the Winery including Fringe Benefit Tax and Wine Equalisation Tax.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) or similar;
- CPA highly regarded;
- A minimum of 3 years in a Corporate Accountant role,
- Experience and sound understanding of the Winery industry is essential;
- Expertise in MS Excel (using advanced formulas, pivot tables etc.);
- Solid working knowledge of accounting standards;
- Availability to travel to Mt Barker, WA as needed
- The right to live and work in Australia.
Culture & Values at Sadleirs
Our culture is a product of our ‘Family Values’ – SAFE, One Sadleirs, Customer Commitment, Communicate Openly & Honestly, Empowerment and Respect. We use our values to make decisions and therefore we make a deliberate choice about what is important to us and our business. We strive to recruit like-minded talent, who want to build their success on our Family Values.
Enjoy working for a company that still has old family values with a culture that makes you feel valued;
- Access to our fully funded Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Discounted wine from our own Plantagenet Winery; and
- Corporate rates for Private Health Insurance.
To help us to deliver The Perfect Journey, apply today!
Click ‘Apply’ now and submit your resume!
If you are selected for an interview, you will need to demonstrate your right to work in Australia and you consent to having background checks completed.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants who meet with requested criteria will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a management accountant?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- What's your expected annual base salary?