Case Worker - Specialist Homelessness Services Ballina
Advertiser: Momentum CollectiveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Oct 2019
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
Are you a driven person who enjoys helping others? Would you like to make a real difference in people’s lives? If so, come and join the team at Momentum Collective.
Momentum Collective is a registered charity and not-for-profit community services organisation. We operate an integrated suite of programs in disability, mental health, homelessness, social and affordable housing, domestic violence, child protection and community services. Our mission is to help vulnerable and disadvantaged people get a roof, a job and to live a better life.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This is a challenging role suited to someone willing to take on a key position in our homelessness service.
Working with Momentum means you’ll be part of an organisation which creates positive and lasting change in people’s lives
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will provide DVF case management and support to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to find appropriate affordable housing solutions and sustain tenancies. This is a fixed term full time role to June 30, 2020 with the possibility of an extension to 2023.
- Tertiary qualification in a social science or related field and/or specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Satisfactory Criminal record check.
- Current Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in associated field.
- Understanding and experience of working with Aboriginal people and their communities.
- Demonstrated experience in case planning and coordination of people with complex support needs.
- Understanding of, and demonstrated ability to work with Human Service Agencies.
- Demonstrated experience and or understanding of Trauma Informed Care.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory requirements.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of clients to facilitate access to identified needs.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in the areas of negotiation, facilitation, mediation and problem solving.
- Intermediate computer literacy skills including Microsoft office suite and databases.
- Demonstrates cultural competency including awareness, knowledge and empathy.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
Interested in this position?
Please visit our website, www.mymomentum.org.au to view the position description.
- We welcome and invite Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply
- Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory police check clearance
- To be eligible for this position, you must have the legal right to work in Australia
Please hit the apply button now or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please add the job title and your name in the email subject area.
For Enquiries: please contact Michelle Teece on 0488 062 245
Applications close: 9.00am Monday, 18th November, 2019
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work and pay our respects to their elders past and present.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?