Case Worker - Commonwealth Home Support Programme
Advertiser: Momentum CollectiveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Oct 2019
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Momentum Collective is a registered charity and not-for-profit community services organisation. We operate an integrated suite of programs in disability, mental health, homelessness, social and affordable housing, domestic violence, child protection and community services. Our mission is to help vulnerable and disadvantaged people get a roof, a job and to live a better life.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal candidate is a professional, energetic individual with a ‘can do’ attitude. You’ll be a great communicator and have a willingness to learn new skills.
Working with Momentum means you’ll be part of an organisation which creates positive and lasting change in people’s lives
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Case Worker to support the development of the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) by developing a range of activities and disseminating information to support the broader aged care system. This position links older people with mental health issues to home care services and raising awareness to service providers by way of training and education to enable practise improvement.
This is a rewarding role that will focus on building relationships within the community and promoting the collaboration and engagement of service partners to provide quality supports for older people with mental health issues to access aged care services.
This is a fixed term role to June 2020.
- Tertiary qualification in a social science or related field and/or specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level. And a minimum of 3 years’ experience in associated field.
- Demonstrated experience in case planning and coordination of people with complex support needs.
- Understanding of, and demonstrated ability to work with Human Service Agencies.
- Demonstrated experience and or understanding of Trauma Informed Care.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory requirements.
- Ability to advocate on behalf of clients to facilitate access to identified needs.
- Ability to initiate and sustain networks and relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in the areas of negotiation, facilitation, mediation and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team in meeting deadlines and program milestones.
- Demonstrates cultural competency including awareness, knowledge and empathy.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Current Working with Children Check (NSW)
Interested in this position?
Please visit our website, www.mymomentum.org.au to view the position description.
- We welcome and invite Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply
- Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory police check clearance
- To be eligible for this position, you must have the legal right to work in Australia
Please hit the apply butonn now or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please add the job title and your name in the email subject area
For Enquiries: please contact Alice on 0427737978
Applications close: 9.00am Tuesday 12th November 2019
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work and pay our respects to their elders past and present.