Assistant Company SecretaryPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Company Secretaries
- Unique opportunity to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fun professional services firm located in South Melbourne.
- Specialising in the provision of outsourced accounting and company secretarial functions to over 60 ASX-Listed entities in the energy, resources, biotechnology, technology, healthcare and food sectors.
- Attractive remuneration, professional development and career advancement.
The role provides the benefit of working in a professional service environment whilst also having exposure to working in industry.
Reporting to the Company Secretary, this role will be responsible for assisting the Company Secretaries to ensure that the corporate and compliance obligations are met for each ASX listed Company.
The ideal candidate will possess the requisite knowledge to assist with the following matters.
- Day to day management of the Company Secretarial function and governance matters
- Maintenance of statutory records for the Group's entities and all subsidiaries
- Preparation and lodgement of ASIC forms including utilisation of CAS360 and other work flow applications
- Liaising with share registries on all Company Secretarial matters
- Assist with the preparation for the client portfolio's Annual General Meetings and General Meetings
- Assistance with releasing ASX Announcements
- Assistance with preparation of Prospectus' and offer documents
- Preparation of all other ASX Reporting (Appendix 3B's, etc)
- Drafting of agreements
- Preparation of Minutes and Circular Resolutions
- Preparation of Corporate Governance Documents
- Preparation of Share and security issues (including performance rights and options)
- Assist with the preparation and dispatch of monthly Board papers for the various entities within the client portfolio.
You will be working directly with the Company Secretarial team and reporting up to Company Secretary. You will develop strong relationships with key stakeholders throughout the business. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and focused.
To be successful in this role we expect you will have:
- Strong administration skills, graduate in law, commerce or corporate governance preferred
- Previous experience working in a support capacity for a Company Secretarial team or as a Junior Assistant Company Secretary where knowledge of company secretarial and corporate and funds compliance matters has been obtained desirable
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail and organisational skills
- Assertive and confident, team player
- Effective time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to communicate at various levels within the organisation and external bodies
- Strong commitment to confidentiality, producing quality work, professionalism, literacy, grammar and punctuality.
Further information can be found at www.leydinfreyer.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a secretary?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have secretarial experience?