Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor
Advertiser: AAM Investment GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Oct 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Occupational Health & Safety
Who we are
AAM Investment Group (AAM) is an Australian owned and operated provider of investment, asset management, operational and consultancy services. The business structures, operates and manages investments across agriculture and agribusiness enterprises and regionally based infrastructure projects, drawing on the team’s knowledge and experience in these sectors to improve investment performance through operational and technological efficiencies and precision management techniques.
About the role
The EH&S Advisor plays a key role in promoting a safety culture across the workforce and is expected to possess solid experience in providing environmental advice in supporting the HSE function and an understanding of the requirements and professional judgement needed to deliver effective practical outcomes.
Key accountabilities include:
- Assist HSE&Q Manager to implement effective policies, procedures and systems for the business to ensure organisational and regulatory HSE&Q obligations are met
- Drive the HSE&Q reporting and analysis and ensure that timelines for key reports are met.
- Provide contemporary and practical HSE&Q advice as required across the business and utilise your influencing and coaching skills to improve site compliance and outcomes.
- Provide regular communication across the business to promote HSE&Q awareness and effectiveness.
About the successful candidate
- You will hold tertiary qualifications in Environment, and preferably with Health & Safety experience as well.
- Have demonstrable skills and experience utilising environmental management systems.
- Have a minimum of three years' experience post-graduation and possess the drive and ambition to continue developing your skills and experience within environment, health and safety.
In return, you will be joining a progressive and innovative Australian-owned group leading the way in livestock operations throughout Australia.
- Positive and friendly work environment.
- Competitive salary, opportunities for career progression.
- Modern office, overlooking the river in the heart of the CBD, close to major transport hubs, shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Opportunities to travel both intrastate and interstate.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Please apply by providing a cover letter outlining your skills and experience in relation to the key responsibilities of the role, along with a copy of your current resume.
For further information, please head to our website at www.aamig.com.au/about/careers
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following Work Health & Safety qualifications have you obtained?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- What's your highest level of education?