Advertiser: Creature Technology CompanyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $28 - $32 per hour
- Work Type
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Founded in Melbourne, Australia in 2006, an exceptionally talented team of designers, engineers, technicians and artisans set a new benchmark for animatronics with each new project. Combining state-of-the-art technology with artistic mastery, Creature Technology Co.’s expertise ensures live experiences inspire wonder and awe in audiences worldwide.
Previous creations include the jaw-dropping dinosaurs for Walking with Dinosaurs –The Arena Spectacular; the three remarkable mascots for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games Opening and Closing Ceremonies; and the incredible King Kong puppet for the award-winning Broadway musical.
Creature Technology Co. is a unique company that is manufacturer, software design firm, puppet-maker, engineering company, artist’s studio and entertainment creator all rolled into one. The successful candidate will work in a stimulating and dynamic environment making the world’s best large-scale animatronic creatures in our Port Melbourne headquarters for export to an expanding global market.
Our Creature Technology Co. (CTC) Storeperson is responsible for organised, efficient and high-quality assistance in handling and organising incoming deliveries, store and stock management and assisting with orders for our workshop and purchasing teams working on CTC projects.
Core Duties are:
- Manage receival of incoming goods, including answering delivery door, unloading & unpacking deliveries
- Checking and organising delivered items, including assigning stock to projects, storing palletised goods in the workshop and setting up parts-kits
- Liaising with relevant departments regarding stock arrivals, delivery updates and stock numbers
- Maintaining KANBAN system of selected consumables and replenishing low stock items where applicable
- Assisting to maintain relevant Quality Assurance (QA) & Quality Control (QC) paperwork for incoming goods.
- Following up suppliers on in-process orders and updating task management software
- Collecting goods from local suppliers using company van
- Assisting Purchasing team, where required
- Take active responsibility for own Occupational Health & Safety and assist to maintain a safe and healthy workplace
- Comply with Creature Technology’s policies and procedures and with relevant legislation and regulations
- Other duties as directed
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Approx. 3 years’ experience in managing stock and parts in a workshop environment
- Practical understanding of parts management in a manufacturing environment
- Competent computer and MS Office software skills, including familiarity with inventory or ERP systems.
- Strong organisational, problem solving and time management skills, as well as great attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision either as an individual or part of a team
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving work demands and schedules
- Great communication skills including the ability to interpret instructions and procedures.
- Some familiarity with engineering drawings and prior workshop practice experience will be considered advantageous.
- Current manual driver’s license
- A current Forklift License is highly desirable.
The position reports to the Facilities Manager.
The position is based at Creature Technology Company at 461 Plummer St, Port Melbourne, Victoria 3003, Australia.
The expectation is that the Storeperson will typically work 7.30am – 4.00pm with a degree of flexibility required.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by Friday 22nd November 2019 at 4:30pm.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a storeperson?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have experience with inventory management?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?