AU Online News Reporter
Advertiser: Daily Mail AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 4 Nov 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Journalism & Writing
Daily Mail Australia forms part of a phenomenal global offering attracting over 236 million readers world-wide, making it the world's largest English-speaking news website. We are consistently breaking exclusives in local and global news, celebrity, entertainment and sport while reporting on what's trending in fashion, beauty, health and technology.
We are looking for an Online News Reporter to join our Sydney office with an impressive track record of finding and breaking exclusive stories of national and global interest. The successful applicant will be a collaborative self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a close team.
- Ability to work self-sufficiently to generate fresh news ideas for this office-based web production role
- Build and maintain relationships with key media contacts to generate a steady flow of stories
- Interview key persons (witnesses, sources etc.) to obtain further information and investigate news leads
- Deliver vibrant, clean copy to tight deadlines, whilst retaining awareness of the Daily Mail style of writing
To be a successful in this role, you must have;
- Bachelor degree or higher qualification
- Must have solid newspaper, magazine or news website experience
- Must have the ability to gather information and create compelling digital content
- Must have a keen eye for photographs
- Must work productively within a team environment
- Must have an understanding of legal covenants and an understanding of copyright
- Must have strong communication and people skills
- Must be flexible regarding shift patterns (including weekends and nights)
Reports into: AU News Editor
This is an exciting opportunity to join Daily Mail Australia and we are looking for someone who is ambitious and who can support our growth and business objectives. On offer is a competitive salary package, healthcare and wellness allowance.
Does this sound like you? Apply NOW with your resume and an optional cover letter if you think you’ve got what it takes to excel in a high performing team who LOVE what they do.
Please send your CV and cover letter with the title 'DMA Online News Reporter' to firstname.lastname@example.org