Advertiser: Cylite Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
Cylite is an exciting, well funded, start-up company developing innovative optical imaging technologies and medical devices. Based in Notting Hill, Victoria, adjacent to the Monash University Science and Technology Precinct, we are looking for a Financial Controller on a part time basis to manage all aspects of Cylite’s accounting and financial management requirements.
Main Duties include:
- Manage Bookkeeper (or perform duties depending on time availability)
- Performing monthly reconciliation
- Maintaining asset register
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports (P & L, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow) as required by Management and Board.
- Developing and maintaining cash flow models for the business and evaluating, in conjunction with management, different business scenarios
- Developing and maintaining manufacturing cost accounting processes linking Xero and Fishbowl
- Managing A/P and A/R processes to optimise overall business cash flow
- Preparing BAS, IAS and FBT returns
- Implementing and maintaining suitable financial controls as required by a rapidly growing company with significant export revenues
- Oversee stock-take and inventory management
- Accounting activities related to R&D tax rebates and any government grants (EMDG etc)
- Other duties relating to Cylite’s financial and accounting activities as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably) or inventory-intensive industry (eg FMCG)
- Experience in developing and maintaining a manufacturing/cost accounting system
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Familiarity with Xero and, ideally, Fishbowl
- Hands-on approach to getting work done that facilitates the success of the whole team
The following experience and attributes would be advantageous:
- Experience in a Start-up environment
- Preparation and filing for R&D tax rebates and EMDG applications
Cylite is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity and inclusion.
If you have the skills and experience we require, and are eligible to work in Australia, please forward your resume via the link.