- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Occupational Health & Safety
Sadleirs is a diverse and historic industry leader specialising in Logistics, Global Freight and Packaging. We have expanded our infrastructure and services to become one of Australia’s most trusted brands.
Our origins in a ‘customer-first’ attitude, along with a dedicated team of the industry’s leading professionals, ensures we maintain all the qualities and values of our long-standing business.
About this Opportunity
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Safety professional with formal qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety and previous experience in a similar role.
This newly created position will be instrumental in creating a risk free environment for the Sadleirs Logistics depots based on the East Coast, and providing advice and coaching to staff on the management of our OHS systems, policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be based in Brisbane with regular travel required to our other depots based in Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.
- Ensuring all operational compliance requirements are met including Dangerous Goods Regulations, Load Restraint, Fatigue Management, First Aid & Chain of Responsibility
- Ensuring safety procedures are promoted to and followed by staff at all times
- Conducting risk assessments and job hazard anlysis
- Proactively work with leaders and staff on identifying areas for improvement
- Conducting and closing out investigations in a timely manner
- Assisting with workers compensation and injury management coordination
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- Transport/Logistics industry experience highly advantageous
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated report writing and presentation skills
- ICAM / Tap Root trained
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- High level organisational skills and attention to detail
- Solution focused and effective problem solving skills
- The right to live and work in Australia.
Enjoy working for a company that still has old family values with a culture that makes you feel valued;
- Competitive group remuneration;
- Discounted wine from our own Plantagenet Winery; and
- Corporate rates for Private Health Insurance.
To help us to deliver The Perfect Journey, apply today!
Click ‘Apply’ now and submit your resume!
If you are selected for an interview, you will need to demonstrate your right to work in Australia and you consent to having background checks completed.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants who meet with requested criteria will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?