- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
We're seeking an experienced Java Developer who is passionate about learning, knowledge sharing and collaboration and looking for an opportunity to impact an industry using the latest technologies!
Based in our award-winning Simple Fund 360 Team, you will develop a new green field software solution and have the opportunity to further your learning and professional development
BGL Corporate Solutions is a market leading supplier of Fintech Cloud Software based in Brighton East, delivering beautiful cloud solutions to over 7,500 clients in 15 countries around the world.
- Develop and maintain BGL Software Applications utilising clean code principles.
- Help build BDD and automated Tests to improve development quality
- Take initiative in learning the Finance domain and suggesting and implementing improvements to the software
- Research development improvements and keep up to date with best software practices
- Utilise Jira to monitor and document project progress.
- Conduct regular code reviews.
- Good understanding of OOD and Design Patterns
- Some grounding in front and back end technologies covering:
- Backend: Java, Scala
- MySQL and Hibernate
- Unit testing using JUnit or similar
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to research development improvements and keep up to date with best practice
- Experience in AWS, REST API management would be highly regarded
Working at BGL
In addition to a competitive salary package, you'll enjoy the opportunity to work in a fun, dynamic environment that supports professional development, progression and innovation. We enjoy some great extra’s too, here are just a few…
- RDO's and bonus annual leave entitlements
- Opportunity to undertake further training and our ongoing commitment to your personal and professional development.
- Monthly team lunches
- Regular social events
- Help yourself to snacks, fruit and soft drinks
Please note we are only able to consider applicants with full working rights for Australia.
We review applications on an ongoing basis so encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- Which of the following front end development libraries and frameworks are you proficient in?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?