- Job Listing Date
- 6 Nov 2019
- Toowoomba & Darling Downs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
GenesisCare is one of Australia's premier sleep consulting, diagnostic and treatment groups in Australia. We are continuing to expand and are currently in a number of locations throughout Queensland where we are the largest in–lab operator as well as operating in Western Australia. Our team of outstanding medical professionals use accurate and rapid sleep diagnostic services, along with ongoing CPAP therapy management treating a wide range of sleep disorders. GenesisCare is committed to improving access and outcomes for patients with sleep problems.
Patient Services Officer
Are you interested in joining a dynamic team of motivated professionals working in the field of sleep medicine? A position is currently available for a Patient Services Officer in our Toowoomba Clinic which looks after clinics across Toowoomba, Mackay, Gladstone, and Wide Bay regions. Successful applicants must be prepared to work in a fast paced and multi-skilled area of healthcare, have a strong focus on patient needs and be able to develop strong working relationships with doctors and allied health professionals. This is a permanent part-time position of 32 hours/week.
- Ensure that the centre is ready for business, making sleep study bookings and sleep care therapy appointments, maintaining the bookings system and ensuring that all relevant paperwork and administrative processes are completed for appointments
- Receive and organise referrals of patients & promptly take relevant action
- Ensure all systems (eg Practix) are used effectively to administer bookings
- Confirm appointments
- Promote a positive image of the company and foster good community relations
- Have a working knowledge of the range of products and services offered to patients (including CPAP equipment) and inform and educate patients about our products and services whenever appropriate
- Receive payments for products and services
- Maintain patient records
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and/or experience:
- Administration experience in a fast paced customer focused environment, either independently or as part of a team, preferably within healthcare
- Experience in a customer facing role, preferably with both patients and medical practitioners
- Experience with Medicare and private health insurance payment systems, or suitable equivalent
- Experience in working with electronic record management system, preferably in healthcare
- Proven administrative, organisational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to detect errors and quickly make corrections
- Strong communication skills, and resilience under pressure
- Strong computer literacy and ability to learn new systems
- Clear customer service orientation
To apply for this exciting role, please submit a cover letter and resume with at least 2 employment related referees via Seek.
Hurry applications close Thursday 14th November
GenesisCare is the largest private provider of cardiology, radiation oncology and sleep treatments in Australia. GenesisCare employs more than 1100 doctors and allied health professionals, providing essential health care services across 75 sites and clinics, ranging from the major capital cities to regional and rural centres.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical secretary?