Diploma Qualified (or equivalent) Educators
Advertiser: Hillsdon KindergartenMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $25 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Early Childhood
About the business
We are seeking Diploma Qualified (or equivalent) Educators to join the dynamic team at Hillsdon Kindergarten in 2020.
Hillsdon Kindergarten is a not for profit, community kindergarten in the leafy suburb of Taringa. Having educated and cared for children since 1962, Hillsdon reflects its history with its beautiful Heritage-listed building and established gardens and rainforest, combined with contemporary learning expertise and technology to ensure our children receive the richest possible learning opportunities.
Hillsdon Kindergarten is looking for educators who are:
- Open to new learning
- Knowledgeable about the National Quality Framework
- Have great digital technology skills
- Wanting to work with a team who engage in best practice and next practice
About the role
We have 3 roles available for between 25 and 30 hours per week over 5 days.
- Permanent part time contract positions available
- Above award hourly rates (from $27 to $31 per hour permanent part time rate)
- Work hours range from 7am to 6pm
- 5 days per week (number of days negotiable)
- Working with 3-5-year old children
- Reporting to Director / Nominated Supervisor
Benefits and perks
- Paid staff meetings
- Paid programming time
- High Educator to Child ratios
- Extensive Professional Development opportunities.
Skills and experience
• Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent qualification)
- An ability to plan, drive and implement a program, ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met
- An ability to document and assess children's learning and development
- Maintain and demonstrate current working knowledge and theories relevant to early childhood education
- Demonstrated understanding of the provision of a safe, engaging, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
Relationships with children:
- Demonstrated experience in providing practical guidance and interaction that ensures quality outcomes for children
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining positive relationships with families that supports each child's needs
Evidence of experience that shows:
- Initiative and strong sense of personal responsibility for meeting objectives and managing health and safety risks;
- Models professional and ethical behaviour;
- Commits to professional development; and
- Displays courage in the provision of advice and decision making.
Please send applications to the Kindergarten Director / Nominated Supervisor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call 07 3870 7861 with questions.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Do you have experience planning and implementing education programs in an early learning environment?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the early years learning framework?