Data Scientist (part-time)
Advertiser: ANZICSMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Science & Technology, Mathematics, Statistics & Information Sciences
The Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society (ANZICS) is the leading advocate on all intensive care related matters. ANZICS leads the world in intensive care research through its Clinical Trials Group and patient registries (containing data from over 2.5 million patient episodes). The Society is devoted to all aspects of intensive care practice through ongoing professional education, the provision of leadership in medical settings, clinical research and analysis of critical care resources.
About the role
Reporting to the ANZICS CORE Manager, the Project Officer - Data Scientist will work with the ANZICS CORE team to optimise the value of data generated through the ANZICS Registries to support Benchmarking and Auditing of Intensive care Practice. This will include high level data analytics, development of prediction tools and reports for Intensive Care Clinicians, our funders and the broader community.
Benefits and perks
We offer an attractive package comprising salary commensurate with responsibilities of the position and level of experience, 9.5% superannuation contribution to the provider of choice and 5 weeks annual leave pro rata.
The office is located in Camberwell close to all public transport.
What you would bring to the role
You would have a successfully completed a degree course in Computer science, Information Technology, Physical Science or related field.
- Strong statistical skills to analyse large datasets using tools such as Python, R, and SQL
- Demonstrated skills in Data Visualisation to optimise interpretation of data
- High level communication and interpersonal skills to foster collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated report writing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, be self-motivated and flexible to changing work priorities.
- Ability to be part of a high performing team, embracing feedback, sharing knowledge and expertise to achieve common goals.
- Interest in machine learning and research.
- Previous experience working with health-related data or Clinical Quality Registries.
Position Description can be found on the ANZICS website https://www.anzics.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Project-Officer-Data-Scientist-October-2019.pdf
Only applications that include a CV and a letter addressing essential skills will be considered. For further information please contact Sue Huckson on 03 9340 3423 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date and time - 5pm Friday 22nd November 2019