Community Support Worker - Coffs Harbour
Advertiser: Momentum CollectiveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Coffs Harbour & North Coast
- $25 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Momentum Collective is a registered charity and not-for-profit community services organisation. We operate an integrated suite of programs in disability, mental health, homelessness, social and affordable housing, domestic violence, child protection and community services. Our mission is to help vulnerable and disadvantaged people get a roof, a job and to live a better life.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal candidate is a professional, energetic individual with a ‘can do’ attitude. You’ll have experience working in this sector and enjoy the challenges that this type of work brings. You’ll be a great communicator and have a willingness to learn new skills.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this position you’ll maintain the well-being of clients and help them work towards their goals and aspirations. You will also assist them to live their best life by enabling them to engage in community participation activities.
- Relevant qualification in disability, mental health, community services or individual support.
- Industry experience working in community services or a customer service role. Lived experience of disability or mental health issues are desirable.
- Implementing client skills, activities and programs under limited supervision either individually or as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients and their support networks, fellow team members, the community and other stakeholders.
- Flexibility to work across services and locations.
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Third-party or Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance
- Current Vehicle Registration
Interested in this position?
Please visit our website, https://mymomentum.org.au to view the position description.
- We welcome and invite Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply
- Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory police check clearance
- To be eligible for this position, you must have the legal right to work in Australia
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Please add the job title and your name in the email subject area.
For Enquiries: please contact Darren McCarthy 0427691417
Applications close: 9am Friday November 22nd, 2019
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work and pay our respects to their elders past and present.