- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Gardening & Landscaping
The purpose of Berkeley Sports is Working to Win with humility, integrity and passion! We are known for our close association with the Sydney Roosters and pride ourselves on this relationship.
We are seeking a Qualified Green Keeper to join our team on a Full Time basis at our Berkeley Sports club. This role reports to the Head Green Keeper.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out maintenance of the Club’s 2 bowling greens as well as manage the league/soccer playing field.
Duties and responsibilities
- Carry out effective green’s maintenance and improvements
- Mowing and rolling of Greens
- Identify and control weeds, pests or fungal disease by the hand or spray application of chemical and herbicide
- Keep gardens and surrounding areas in a clean, tidy and well maintained.
- Safely operate plant and equipment, including conducting pre-inspection and plant checks
- Ensure that all machinery and plant, tools and equipment are kept in well maintained and working order
- Clean out soccer/league playing sheds
- Manage playing field facilities
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Certificate III in Sports Turf Management or equivalent
- Previous green keeping experience, bowling greens preferred
- High level communication skills and able to work within a team environment.
- Experience in machinery use and maintenance
- Experience in irrigation systems and repairs
- Working knowledge of work health and safety standards and risk assessment
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of basic repair and maintenance of horticultural plant
- The opportunity to volunteer in your community and be paid for it
- A generous employee reward and recognition program
- Learning and development opportunities
- Great discounts on food and beverage items and much more!
- Free tickets to Sydney Roosters home games and discounted Roosters merchandise
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in horticulture?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?