- Job Listing Date
- 7 Nov 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Gaming
The purpose of Berkeley Sports is Working to Win with humility, integrity and passion! We are known for our close association with the Sydney Roosters and pride ourselves on this relationship.
We are seeking an experienced Club Attendant to join our team on a casual basis. This role will predominately be responsible for Reception, Promotions (bingo, raffles & gaming promos), Gaming & Cafe work. We are seeking an all rounder who is available to work up until 3:00am when our Club closes. Must be able to work 25hrs minimum year round
Duties and responsibilities
- Handle internal and external calls
- Initiate membership sign up and renewals
- Develop strong relationships with our members
- Sign in members and guests and ensure the correct information is provided upon entry
- Provide information on club activities
- Check membership cards and enforcing club by-laws and entry requirements
- Work with poker machines, TAB and KENO.
- Meet and greet members and guests
- Check membership cards
- Make coffee and tea for guests and members and prepare small cafe items, including toasted sandwiches
- Set up, coordinate and clear Bingo
- Using the microphone, call member & gaming promotions
- Communicate and understand promotional compliance
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a Club environment
- Experience using a microphone
- Proven experience in dealing with difficult situations
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in adhering to policies and procedures
- A clear and concise microphone voice
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgments in demanding situations
- The opportunity to volunteer in your community and be paid for it
- A generous employee reward and recognition program
- Learning and development opportunities
- Great discounts on food and beverage items and much more!
- Free tickets to Sydney Roosters home games and discounted Roosters merchandise
You will be required to be flexible with your availability which includes weekdays and nights, weekends and public holidays.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate?
- Do you hold a current Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) certificate?
- Which of the following days and times are you available to work?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?