- Job Listing Date
- 8 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation
- 12 month contract role with potential to extend
- Hindmarsh location
- Competitive remuneration and salary packaging
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. We have more than 1,000 staff, known as our Possible People, who work alongside more than 750 customers in Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation, Home & Community Support and Specialist Services.
Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities. Our promise is ‘we find possible’. Cara is a registered NDIS provider and a not-for-profit organisation, or, a profit-for-purpose. Instead of supporting shareholders, we support stakeholders – our customers.
Our work is guided by four key values – we make it personal, we are careful, we discover and create, and we are persistent. Our Possible People are passionate and values-driven.
Come and find possible with us!
Your New Role
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated professional who is flexible and innovative in their approach. Cara is seeking a Clinical Services Manager who is experienced in working within the disability sector to manage our team of Developmental Educators and Specialist Services Facilitators.
This role would suit a qualified Psychologist, Social Worker, or Occupational Therapist in the Allied Health space.
You will work from a human rights framework that is strengths based and person-centred and will support our customers to identify opportunities, increase their independence and enhance their participation in the wider community. Development and implementation of Positive Behaviour Support Plans is also a key focus of this role.
You will be responsible for coordinating the work of the team, including developing individualised strategies that are responsive to customer needs. This will be achieved through the development, implementation, and evaluation of plans, strategies and programs designed with our customers.
You will work in partnership with customers, staff and/or family members to provide education, coaching and training to build skills and capacity and deliver excellence in service provision. Your management of the team will include provision of clinical supervision, guidance in professional development, plan review and approval.
There is a strong focus on quality and compliance, with regular monthly reporting to the General Manager as well as Business Development and Management of referrals to the team.
Although you will be based at our Hindmarsh office, there will be a requirement for you to travel across the wider metropolitan area to deliver support as required to our customers.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in clinical services at an Advanced or Specialist level as described in the NDIS PBS Capability Framework
- Experience in providing clinical supervision and managing staff performance
- Demonstrated relevant experience working with people with a disability who have complex needs and their support networks
- A sound understanding of person-centred practice, Trauma Informed Practice, Therapeutic Model of Support and mental health (highly desirable)
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex behaviour support and the development and delivery of innovative approaches based on current best practice
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the NDIS
- Ability to drive continuous improvement strategies including service initiatives and business development opportunities
- Experience in working within the NDIS framework
- Experience in delivering professional support, training and consultancy to support customers, family members and support workers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to produce professional documents and reports
- Extensive experience in liaising and working collaboratively with professionals within the health and disability sectors
- Highly proficient skills in IT with the ability to navigate and use different IT systems to document reports, incidents, bookings and plans
Qualifications and Certifications
- Bachelor of Disability and Development Education, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or equivalent
- Full membership of the Developmental Educators Australia Inc (DEAI) or registration of equivalent profession (essential)
- Already registered or eligible for registration as a Behaviour Support Practitioner with the NDIS.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or Post Graduate qualification (desirable)
- Current Working with Children Employment Screening and Disability Services Employment Screening
- Current First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 or equivalent)
- Current and unrestricted South Australian Driver's Licence
- Salary packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Career opportunities in a growing organisation focussed on our people
- Supportive work environment, strong focus on offering flexibility where possible
- Access to Smart technology including phone and laptop
- Rewarding, friendly work environment
- New office, state of the art building, with modern facilities and open plan area
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Please refer to the Position Description here or more detailed information about the role.
How do I apply?
To submit your application click APPLY providing your resume and Cover Letter.
Visit our website at www.cara.org.au
Follow us at LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/2880209/life/
For a confidential discussion please contact Kate Koleff, General Manager on Mobile 0415 255 373
The closing date for this role Sunday, 8 December 2019 close of business