Advertiser: Park Lane GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Nov 2019
- West Gippsland & Latrobe Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
About the Park Lane Group
Park Lane Holiday Parks is a family owned business established over 25 years ago. Specialised in providing a premier holiday destination for families and travellers alike, the business has six parks located across Victoria with an exciting plan for expansion.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Accountant to become part of our growing business in a role based in our Head Office in Traralgon, Gippsland. The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing all financial transactions, from fixed payments, variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Accountant to oversee the financial activities of our business, work closely with the operations team and continually refine our systems and processes.
This role will be responsible for end of month processes including reconciliations, various checks and balances and financial reporting. Ensuring all numerical mistakes are identified, investigated and rectified. The successful applicant should be able to prepare all relevant reports required, ensure they are created accurately and be able to provide succinct and meaningful analysis. The successful applicant should also be able to provide key financial insights to non-financial managers within the business. A key to success in this role will be the ability to learn our property management system and understand how cash flows through the system, including downstream impacts on integrated reporting packages.
The Accountant role will report to the General Manager and undertake a range of financial responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- A key requirement is the need to develop a keen understanding of processes of financial data flows from front end systems to the GL & reporting, with a continual desire to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Property Management System Transaction review and correction
- Bank Account Reconciliations
- Debtor and Creditor management
- Assist with project cost monitoring and management
- Reporting and Business analysis to internal and external stakeholders
- Development / maintenance of financial models and reporting, including preparation of budgets and cash flow forecasts with assistance.
- Establish and maintain company financial policies, procedures and controls
- Assisting with Data entry as required
- Develop, Monitor and Report on Financial KPIs
- Assistance to General Manager on specific items and ad-hoc projects and analysis as required
Requirements of the Role
This role will align with an experienced Accountant that has tertiary and CPA or CA qualifications. You will have proven experience within a complex business environment and are able to demonstrate the following:
- High-level analytical skills with the ability to problem solve.
- Confident in dealing with multiple, integrated computer systems and software.
- A strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create budgeting and cash flow forecasting.
- Experience in using an Online Accounting System, preferably Intuit Quickbooks
- Effective communication skills with all key stakeholders including customers, senior management and peers within a well-established team.
- Highly computer literate with a emphasis on Excel.
- Able to work autonomously and deliver to internal and external deadlines.
- Be an active participant in fostering a positive team environment and culture.
- Past experience in the hospitality industry and/or building and construction industry would be beneficial, but is not required.
Submit your application, including covering letter and resume by selecting Apply Now.
Applications Close 5:00pm 22 November 2019
For more information about the Park Lane Group:
- Park Lane Holiday Parks - www.parklaneholidayparks.com.au
- Parky's Fun Park - www.parkys.com.au
- Easy Living Villages - www.easylivingvillages.com.au
- How many years' experience do you have as an accountant?
- Do you have reconciliations experience?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?