- Job Listing Date
- 8 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Government & Defence, Emergency Services
RESOURCING OFFICER (OPERATIONAL LOGISTICS) MULTIPLE POSITIONS
Ambulance Victoria (AV) now welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates for the positions of Resourcing Officer (Operational Logistic). These positions are within the Operational Logistics & Rosters department, and are based at South Melbourne.
Reporting to the Lead Daily Desk, these positions are primarily responsible for filling all daily and short-term operational shift vacancies in an efficient and effective manner, and are full-time permanent positions.
About the role
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Allocate operational staff to daily and short-term shift vacancies to ensure operational resource requirements are met in a timely, efficient and effective manner
- Process shift changes, taking into account operational/resourcing impacts, fatigue management requirements and accounting for staff rostered hours
- Provide appropriate and effective support to all operational service delivery streams, including emergency services, non-emergency services and Air Ambulance
- Ensure shift vacancies are filled in accordance with relevant Award provisions and AV policies
- Make informed resource decisions and provide specialist advice within the parameters of AV policies, procedures and Industrial Awards & Agreements
- Provide information and advice relating to rostering to AV Managers to assist them in meeting planning and resource requirements
- Establish decisions relating to the utilisation of staff from specialty department lists and allocate resources to fill short-term vacancies
- Identify issues relating to rostering or rostering systems/processes and provide recommendations to ensure the ongoing development and improvement of rostering practice, policies and systems
To be successful in this role you will have a solid understanding of shift work environments and experience in applying Award provisions as they relate to rostering and relevant Enterprise Agreements. Your well-developed communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills will enable you to establish and maintain good working relationships with key stakeholders.
Exceptional decision making and problem solving skills, judgement and integrity, and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision are paramount to success in this role. Flexibility and willingness to work a rotating roster covering day and afternoon shifts, including weekends and some public holidays, is imperative.
Candidates applying for the position of Resourcing Officer (operational)will have an Ambulance Paramedic qualification and experience, plus demonstrated knowledge and understanding of operational shift patterns and working environment.
Candidates applying for the position of Resourcing Officer will have demonstrated experience in a Rostering Officer or like role. An Ambulance Paramedic qualification and experience is not essential for this position. Ambulance Victoria operational staff are also welcome to apply.
What's in it for you
As a valued member of AV you will enjoy a professional working environment that recognises the importance of work/life balance. We offer salary packaging options, generous personal leave entitlements, accrued days off for full time roles, and other benefits including free on-site parking.
We believe our people are our greatest resource and the sustainability of our workforce depends on how well we utilise our people's skills and abilities. If you're ready to play an integral role and deliver results that help make a real difference, we want to hear from you!
How to apply?
Applicants are requested to address the selection criteria detailed in the position description and to read the document ‘Applying for a position with Ambulance Victoria'. For any queries please email email@example.com
Your application will form an integral part of the selection process and should be of a high quality including:
- A covering letter
- A resume
- A document addressing the selection criteria detailed on the last page of the position description
We request that your application for the Resourcing Officer positions is forwarded by no later than 5.00pm Tuesday 19 November 2019 by clicking on ‘apply now'.
Ambulance Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By applying for this position within Ambulance Victoria (AV), you agree to undertake an assessment of any Secondary Employment or Outside interests. This is required to ensure there is no perceived or actual conflict of interest for AV should you be successful and commence in the new role.