Youth Project Worker-Domestic Family Violence Education (Social work, Community)
Advertiser: 2Connect Youth & Community IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Hours negotiable- 4 to 5 days pw
2Connect Youth & Community is a dynamic medium-sized non-profit organisation creating positive change for young people, families, communities for nearly 30yrs (previously known as St George Youth Services). We seek a skilled, experienced professional for an innovative social change project, a Domestic & Family Violence education project which aims to impact on knowledge, attitudes and behaviours of young people in a positive way.
- Skills/experience in working with young people aged 12-18 in direct work
- Demonstrated paid experience in community development work, including delivering structured educational group work for young people
- Skills/experience in working with culturally diverse young people, and in addressing domestic and family violence (including respectful and healthy relationships)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in social/community services or education
- Ability & commitment to teamwork, & ability to work independently (whilst maintaining accountability)
- Skills/ability to develop and maintain strong networks with a range of government and non-government organisations relevant to young people (in particular schools)
- Strong organisational, administrative and communication skills (particularly for duty of care for young people)
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to principles of social justice, including to principles & practice involved in anti-violence work and in gender equality
- Demonstrated commitment to working within a youth participation framework
- NSW drivers licence & own comprehensively insured car able to be used for work purposes
Excellent Salary package includes base salary, Salary sacrifice option, and car allowance.
SCHADS Award 2010, Level 4 Pay Point 1
For full information package, please visit www.2connect.org.au/about-us/join-our-team . For more information, please contact Ceo@2Connect.org.au. Closing date for applications is 29th November 2019 at 5pm
PLEASE NOTE, TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB, YOU MUST FIRST OBTAIN, READ AND ADDRESS THE CRITERIA OUTLINED IN INFORMATION PACKAGE.
We are not obliged to respond to any applications who do not specifically address the selection criteria.
All potential applicants must hold a current Working with Children check, or be prepared to obtain one. A Police check will also be needed prior to appointment.