Fire Systems Designer
Advertiser: O'Neill & Brown Group Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Building Services Engineering
FIRE SYSTEMS DESIGNER
- Specialist fire protection contractor
- Locally owned & operated
- Permanent position
Great opportunity for a motivated individual to join our expanding team & develop skills as a fire systems designer with an industry leading company.
O’Neill & Brown Fire Services is part of the O’Neill & Brown Group which employ more than 200 staff over three disciplines - fire, hydraulic and electrical services. We are a dynamic, industry leading Canberra based company that operates in the expanding engineering and construction industries. We specialise in the design, installation and servicing of new and existing fire safety systems in residential & commercial buildings across Canberra and surrounding areas.
We are looking for an ambitious person that is going to enhance our team with their keen interest and/or knowledge in building services and their experience in AutoCAD.
As a Fire Systems Designer, you will be working on a large range of projects, producing design drawings and documentation of building fire protection systems from concept through to detailed design. This will include but not be limited to hydrant, sprinkler, detection and warning systems. You will be provided with strong support and mentoring from fellow designers as well as our design manager who you will be reporting to. You will also be given the opportunity to further improve your skills and knowledge with learning and development courses external to our business.
- Production of engineering drawings for various fire protection systems
- Undertake hydraulic calculations using Hyena software or similar
- Collaborate with our clients, architects, consultants and authorities
- Develop a good understanding the fire industry and Australian Standards
Prerequisites and skills:
- Tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering or similar is desirable but not essential
- A strong knowledge of drafting software and techniques
- Proficient in 2D AutoCAD with a willingness to learn other programs
- Exposure to Revit MEP is desirable but not essential
- Excel, Word, Outlook and other general computing skills
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- An enthusiastic individual looking to enhance their knowledge.
- Be able to work in a team environment to achieve a common goal.
- Demonstrate a positive approach to complex situations.
- Good work ethic
This role is suited to those looking to begin an exciting career in the building services industry or those with experience looking for a fresh start.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?