- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
About ThalesIn fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our SiteThales employs nearly 4,000 people over 35 sites in Australia, with over 1600 people employed in NSW alone. Sydney Olympic Park is the head office for Thales Australia, and hosts teams from our Corporate functions, Maritime and Land businesses. Centrally located close to public transport and parking, Sydney Olympic Park is a growing business, sports and entertainment centre with a number of lunchtime social activities and green spaces to enjoy. We encourage discussions around flexible working arrangements to suit the needs of our people and business.
The role is to assist the Shared Services Finance team with a wide range of accounts and finance functions and perform the Accounts receivable functions for multiple Business units across Thales Australia with a high level of accuracy and timeliness
- Work with the Senior Financial Accountant identify and improve business processes within the R2R workflow.
- Review and produce monthly reconciliations to identify actions to clear outstanding aged transactions and justify balances.
- Weekly Cashflow preparation
- Completion of Payroll Journals – Weekly and monthly
- Manufacturing (Online Shop) account payment and inventory reconciliations and Profit and Loss
- Preparation of journal entries including intercompany journals for approval by designated authority.
- Preparation of BAS Statements with the Tax team
You hold the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to work in a high-volume processing environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Experience with Accounts Receivable in a business environment.
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent degree in Accounting member of professional accounting body (or comparable).
- Undertaking or willingness to undertake CPA or other equivalent post-graduate studies.
You will need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!