Manager Environment & Regulatory
Advertiser: CNC Project ManagementMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Health, Safety & Environment
CNC Project Management is a progressive consulting company that is composed of experienced, multi-disciplinary professionals working on significant energy, resource and infrastructure projects across Australia. We work side-by-side with clients to get projects moving with services that include GIS, Communications & Stakeholder Engagement, Land Access, Environmental Studies and Engineering.
We attract people who like to explore boundaries, seize opportunities and realise their potential. Our people are deep thinkers, creative and take immense pride in their work. We enjoy a dynamic culture that embraces diversity and rewards achievement, particularly for those who bring their skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving business.
Reporting to the General Manager you will provide project management, bid management, leadership and oversight of the Melbourne based environment and regulatory team.
You will be a valued member of the Senior Management Team and will work closely with the executive group to develop business opportunities, extend client and professional networks and provide expert advice on environmental regulations. In particular, you will:
- be a subject matter expert on industry best practice and state and federal environmental legislation and approvals processes;
- provide leadership on the selection, qualification and development of bids and tenders;
- lead the execution of new projects, including maintaining overall responsibility for project delivery and contract administration;
- continually monitor project environmental activities, refining plans as required in order to deliver each project within agreed timeframes;
- provide oversight of environmental teams working on various projects;
- manage resource forecasting and balancing;
- engender a learning environment by mentoring and upskilling staff; and
- drive targeted business development initiatives through collaboration with clients, industry bodies and approval agencies;
Who Are You
You are a performance-orientated individual who derives satisfaction from working with other professionals to deliver successful projects. You are an approachable colleague with a genuine people focus. In particular, you have;
- 8+ years in project services or a professional consultancy with a significant focus on the resources, energy and water infrastructure sectors;
- 3+ years management or team leadership experience in environmental approvals with significant exposure to linear infrastructure projects;
- a degree in environmental science or another discipline relevant to the role;
- demonstrated experience with regulatory approvals for major environmental projects;
- good mentoring skills and a desire to develop and leverage talent;
- well developed communication and negotiation skills; and
- exceptional problem-solving skills.
Ideally, you will meet all or most of the above criteria. If you do not but believe that your skills and experience are particularly relevant to our business and the role, we still encourage you to apply.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Mike Newton for a confidential discussion on 0429 967 187.