General Manager - Analytical & Technical
Advertiser: CS Executive Group Inc. ChemSkillMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Our client, is a global success story operating in numerous countries and continents around the world. They are a world leader and innovator in analytical testing and in the way they manage their business.
The scientific know-how and cutting-edge testing technology they provide continues to be in high demand. Their mission is to build the best teams by inspiring, challenging and hiring the brightest talent from around the world. How? By running a decentralised, non-bureaucratic, fast moving group of entrepreneurial led businesses that have access to an international network of support as needed.
Due to an internal movement opportunity overseas, this position is now available for an experienced professional to take on the role of General Manager. The position provides supervision to Business Unit Managers and is responsible for building and ensuring the successful execution of the strategy for the Business in Australia.
To ensure the long-term success of this important role, we are looking for candidates with high energy, drive and a passion to win. You will be an intelligent individual, great with numbers, possess strong P&L experience and well-developed business acumen. It goes without saying that you will have excellent interpersonal skills and be empathetic towards others.
Based in Melbourne’s South East, the General Manager position oversees the entire management/leadership of the Australian business, including both the microbiology and chemistry operations, Business Development, Quality, and overall market growth and strategic vision.
To be successful in your application, you must meet the following criteria:
- A Degree, Masters or PhD in Sciences e.g. in engineering chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, food science or food technology would be well regarded but is not an absolute requirement.
- A MBA or equivalent will strengthen your application.
- Energetic, passionate and strongly business and financially minded, with a significant history of relevant experience and demonstrated success in P&L and financial management.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with an eagerness to take the next step in your career.
- Experience in Business Development and ability to develop strong and robust relationships with clients.
- Strong operational ability to be a hands-on hard worker and a ‘doer’, with a commonsense approach.
- Background and/or experience in technical areas (e.g. scientific, engineering, manufacturing) or in a process driven environment with working knowledge in Quality and Accreditation processes.
- Business services sector experience or experience in a small / mid-size / self-developed company operating in a very competitive / low margin / lean manufacturing environment.
- Technical or business qualifications and/or university master’s level qualifications.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to build, structure and lead business plans, submissions and initiatives.
To apply for this role, please submit a targeted resume accompanied by a Letter of Application addressing the above selection criteria by using the "Apply Now" button below. To have a strictly confidential discussion about this role, please call Helen or Jo on 03 9516 0100 during office hours. After hours please call Helen on 0438 620 434 or Jo on 0411 197 171.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this role. As we receive a large number of applications on a daily basis, we can only contact short-listed candidates. If you are not successful on this occasion, your details will remain on our database for future suitable roles.
To view other roles available please visit our website www.csexecutivegroup.com