Advertiser: Pleasant Foods Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Nov 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
Your potential employer
Fermex Distributors is part of the Pleasant Foods Group and one of South East Queensland's leading wholesalers and distributors of food products to bakeries, cake and pie manufacturers, restaurants, cafes and snack bars. With over 49 years of experience, Fermex Distributors operates from warehouse facilities centrally located at Tennyson, Brisbane. Our success is attributable to our dedicated, skilled people who provide a responsive and efficient service to customers. Fermex is a friendly environment where all team members work closely together.
We are in need of a full-time warehouse supervisor to join our team of 13 enthusiastic people, three of which run the warehouse. Being relatively small, we work together flexibly and cooperatively. The job includes daily hands-on warehousing duties such as:
- Receiving and checking goods inwards;
- Putting stock away ensuring it is rotated;
- Some picking and checking of customers orders;
- Unloading and loading of our trucks;
- Some deliveries to customers.
In addition you have supervisory responsibilities to help ensure the business runs smoothly. Examples of these duties are:
- Check each morning for customer order add-ons to deliveries and allocate to runs/drivers;
- Assist drivers first thing in the morning so they can leave promptly;
- Ensure any goods for pick up by customers are picked in good time;
- Review incoming stock and chase those that seem late;
- Check customer invoices are complete and correct for next days run;
- Control maintenance of trucks and forklifts
From 5am each morning we start to receive and invoice customer orders for the following day. You will also be part of the team involved in speaking to customers and processing these orders.
You will be located at Tennyson. We work Monday to Friday starting at 5 am. The finishing time varies depending on a variety of factors but generally it is somewhere between 2:30pm and 3:30pm.
This role requires an organised, responsible person who enjoys working cooperatively and generally gets on well with people. You need common sense intelligence and must be reliable, productive and physically fit.
You will be speaking with customers and suppliers so you must be a friendly, articulate communicator, in person and by telephone. Experience with computer entry would be an advantage. It is essential that you have a forklift licence and desirable that you have at least an MR truck licence. This position is available immediately.
You will report directly to the Managing Director and be provided training.
Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a warehouse supervisor?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a heavy vehicle driver's licence?