Finance Business Partner
Advertiser: Specialized Australia Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Dec 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Management Accounting & Budgeting
Specialized was founded on performance and is fueled by innovation. Our focus on the rider and their needs is our driving force. From seasoned pros to weekend warriors, to kids and commuters, if you ride, we’re for you.
We believe bikes have the power to change lives. This simple truth drives us to be, and do, better. The passion we have for sharing our love of bikes with the world can be seen in those who choose to work here, and the people and organisations we partner with.
Specialized has an opening for an experienced Finance Business Partner to join our office in Melbourne. You will provide expert financial and commercial advice to key stakeholders across Australia and New Zealand, driving profit through the identification, assessment and management of commercial risks and opportunities.
The Finance Business Partner will be responsible for driving process improvement and operational improvement by challenging the status quo and identifying and executing on greater efficiency, quality of information and maintaining a high performing culture.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Business Performance Management
- Produce and analyse the operational management reports used to drive business profit improvement, including but not limited to, sales, retailers, margin, OPEX, and inventory reporting. Identify and implement (in conjunction with key stakeholders) changes/improvements for overall business performance from the analysis of these results
- Full ownership of the budgeting and forecasting processes, including partnering with the Sales and Demand Planning teams
- Responsible for management reporting, detailed margin analysis, variance analysis of operating expenses, balance sheet and partnering with cost centre managers to identify and implement cost-saving opportunities
- Provide reporting and insightful analysis on the monthly Pacific (AU and NZ) results to the Senior Management Team and Global Leadership Team. Provide direction on steps to be taken to execute the operating plan and to deliver the agreed financial results
- Assist with the 4-year plan, providing strategic analysis and data to enable the senior management team to make decisions to achieve its strategic objectives
- Perform monthly Purchase Price Variance (PPV) analysis and review of product costings
- Facilitate ad hoc IT project implementations and deployments, ensuring key milestones are achieved through to completion
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager in the analysis of key commercial decisions, i.e. warehouse cost efficiencies, sales program incentives, opex analysis
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager in business case analysis and ROI analysis on key sales and marketing initiatives
- Actively collaborate with key stakeholders on the suite of reports required on key business objectives, for example, the management of excess and obsolete inventory, product costings, freight and storage costs
- Support the Distribution Centre Manager in the management of Distribution Centre KPIs, by performing high level analysis of key warehouse drivers, expenditure and claims
- Support the Demand Planning team to provide timely analysis to align purchasing and production plans with sales rolling forecasts. Provide results and findings to the Sales and Operations team monthly
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager in the provision of reporting to the auditors and other service providers
Accounting and Retail
- Review monthly reports, accruals and provisions produced by the Finance team
- Coordinate with the Finance team to ensure accurate income statement and balance sheet results and investigation of material variances versus prior year and budget
- Oversee the retailer rebate process, reviewing quarterly and annual rebate calculations
- Assist the Finance and Operations Manager in the financial analysis of Specialized retailers’ results (where provided) to improve the position of retailer accounts and ultimately the overall Accounts Receivable balance
- Manage the accounting of fortnightly payroll cycles, preparing reconciliations of leave balances and providing reports and analysis for statutory purposes
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN
- Bachelor of Business/Commerce and CA/CPA qualified
- Demonstrated commercial finance experience, corporate awareness and business acumen in a fast-paced financial environment
- Strong accounting knowledge/background
- Experience with month-end close and strong accounting knowledge
- Demonstrated proficiency in stakeholder management and influencing senior leaders
- Demonstrated experience in driving process improvements
- Strong analytical expertise
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional drive for results and a self-starter (key)
- Strong dashboarding experience
- Working knowledge of a large-scale ERP system (Oracle R12 preferred)
- Experience with other applications: HOST Analytics, Tableau, Discoverer (all preferred)
- Advanced Excel skills
How to apply:
In order for your application to be considered you must apply through the specialized.com/careers page using the link below. Please note applications through Seek will not be considered.
Please include a cover letter as part of your application.
A six (6) month probationary period applies to this position.
Please note only applicants who have the right to work in Australia should apply for this role.
Please note that due to the high level of interest only those applicants short listed will be contacted.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by Specialized’s Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you