Machine Setter / Operator
Advertiser: Troy LaboratoriesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Nov 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Machine Operators
Troy Laboratories is a world-class quality manufacturer and leader in animal health pharmaceuticals with over 60 years of experience in providing the highest quality of products to veterinary professionals. We pride ourselves on our quality, innovation and cost competitiveness and our products are 100% Australian owned and made. To support our continued expansion into the Australian, New Zealand and global markets, our manufacturing team is looking for a Machine Setter/Operator to join the engineering team. This is a hands-on role where you will be required to work the line, work on machines while being the first point of contact for any machine issues. The role will also entail training, safety checks, monthly safety walks and maintenance.
- Acting as the first point of contact for production line interruptions and breakdowns, including responsibility for initial troubleshooting of machine faults before escalation to the maintenance
- Perform basic machine set-up and changeovers as required
- Ensuring production lines are operational and ready to run according to the production schedule
- Operate and run lines according to the production schedule in several different departments
- Monitor and troubleshoot machines to ensure safety and functionality
- Conduct training for the team
- Safety checks and safety walks as well as general maintenance schedules
- Recommend initiatives which enhance productivity, efficiency and profitability of the operation and add value with new ways of operating
- Work on continuous improvement projects
- Maintenance of SOP's and line performance records such as output, downtime, machine capability
Skills and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in a similar role as a line setter operator within a food, beverage, dairy, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to trouble shoot where required
- Ability to think on your feet and have a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- LEAN Manufacturing experience
- Project Management experience
- Experience with GMP would be an added benefit
If this sounds like you then apply now via Seek.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a machine operator?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Which of the following forklift licences do you have?