Advertiser: LBT InnovationsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
About the business
LBT Improve Patient Outcomes by making healthcare more effective.
Our company has developed a patent protected machine learning and intelligent imaging platform technology to deliver the only FDA cleared instrument utilising AI technology in clinical microbiology.
LBT is adding to its software engineering capability for the continued development of its products and AI platform. We are seeking an experienced Software Developer, working as part of the Software Engineering Team who will produce software for LBT's products and tools to support the training of the AI. The software development will be carried out within the regulatory framework required for the development of software for medical devices.
We have developed the only US FDA-cleared instrument that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to automate the analysis and interpretation of culture plates within clinical microbiology.
We are looking for an energetic and pro-active technology person, who is engaging with peers, and who is looking to advance their software skills. This role will provide an opportunity for the right candidate to provide support to our AI laboratory development team and gain experience working in a dynamic, cutting edge environment applying AI in the microbiology domain.
APAS is where Machine Learning meets microbiology. As such, this is an opportunity to be involved in a market-leading world's-first technology application for microbiology. This is an opportunity to make your mark in the microbiology space, on a truly global scale, and have influence in the way microbiology laboratories will function for years to come. This is a fantastic opportunity to establish a global perspective in microbiology and assist in shaping and implementing new technologies to change the way microbiology is practiced.
About the role
- Develop high-quality, well designed and testable software
- Execute the full software development life cycle
- Integrate new components into existing systems
- Work alongside the Software Engineering Manager to ensure best practices are followed
- Engage with internal customers as required to ensure their needs are met
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Develop automated tests to provide coverage across the system
- Present ideas for system and process improvements
- Working alongside LBT's AI and clinical experts
Skills, experience and education
- 7+ years software development experience
- Experience in a range of software development technologies such as web technologies, Linux, scripting languages and development tools
- Experience with all stages of full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of image processing basics
- Basic understanding of machine learning.
- An understanding of quality systems and regulated software development
- Experience deriving or developing software architecture, requirements and verification protocols
Please apply via Seek.
Applications close at midnight Wednesday 11 December, 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?