Advertiser: SwissportMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Nov 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Management
Welcoming more than 50 million passengers each year across five major airports, Carbridge is Australia’s largest and most experienced airport bussing specialist. We are the first choice for aviation passenger ground transport, delivering a seamless and efficient bussing service both airside and throughout airport precincts.
Service excellence is our key priority. We focus on delivering exceptional reliability, value and professionalism and never stop looking at how we can benefit our aviation customers’ operations through service, efficiency and technology.
Carbridge is part of Swissport, the world's leading provider of ground and air cargo services, operating at 315 airports in 50 countries.
We are currently seeking an Operations Coordinator for the Sydney Airport Landside Operations Centre. The core purpose of this role is to continuously monitor the dynamic environment at Sydney Airport using multiple information sources and optimise deployment of Carbridge busses and drivers to best respond to changing situations.
This is an exciting and dynamic role best suited to people who enjoy working in a dynamic fast-pasted environment where they can use their advanced problem solving skills.
- Optimal deployment of busses and manpower in a dynamic airport environment including, monitoring activity of the bussing environment allowing for an effective approach to traffic flow and any potential risks, hazards or WHS issues;
- Trouble shoot operational challenges in real time to support the operational team;
- Operate in fast paced control centre environment providing support and direction to a team of up to 50 drivers rostered at any time;
- Enact daily checklists to ensure all operational staff are meeting requirements;
- Ensure accuracy of reporting/recording rosters, time sheets and fatigue management issues;
- Ensure that operational supervisors are effectively reporting key information about their shifts / activities;
- Producing standard reporting on bussing movements against schedule and contract agreements;
- Maintain accurate and up to date performance reports to support end of month activities;
- Oversee operational procedures for events, incidents and emergencies;
- Effectively carry out escalation processes to management in the case of emergency scenarios or operational challenges;
- Foster and develop a ‘Can Do, Will Do’ culture.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Experience working in a fast paced service operation preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills;
- High level verbal reasoning, communication and interpersonal skills Problem Solving & Conflict resolution;
- Ability to work with minimal direction, displaying initiative and motivation;
- Demonstrate high-level personal qualities in relation to adaptability, flexibility, commitment, ability to apply sound judgment and reasoning, and the ability to effectively prioritise tasks;
- High level administrative, planning, time management and organisational skills;
- Advanced proficiency in office tools including Microsoft office, Google applications, email and Web/Teleconferencing;
- Knowledge of regulatory framework, safety systems, emergency response procedures and airport operations ideal;
- Practical understanding of safety practices and regulations;
- Senior First Aid Certificate desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Looking for a new challenge?
If you are looking for a challenge in a rapid environment in the aviation services industry and are motivated to work in a multicultural company and a position that allows you to put your ideas into practice, this will be an excellent opportunity for you.
Applications must be in writing with Qualifications/Experience and Required Competencies addressed and supported with evidence where possible.
Please note: Only permanent residents of Australia or New Zealand, or persons who have the right to work in Australia may apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?