Farm Maintenance Officer
Advertiser: AAM Investment GroupMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Nov 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
Position Title: Maintenance Officer
- Varied role
- Permanent, Full-time opportunity
- Rapidly growing organisation
We are seeking a new Maintenance Officer position to support site operations with day to day maintenance, livestock handling and sale day activities at our Hunter Regional Livestock Exchange based at Singleton, NSW. We seek an experienced Maintenance / Handy person to join our team to contribute to the site's success in the delivery of business operations and services.
Key accountabilities include:
- General cleaning and maintenance of the site assets including buildings, sheds, machinery, vehicles, yards and equipment;
- Cleaning and maintenance of water troughs, truck wash and sediment trap;
- Clean out of yards post sale;
- Maintenance of fences and gates;
- Compliance with safe work practices in the delivery of maintenance activities; and
- Assistance with sale day operations as required.
About the successful candidate
This role will suit a motivated individual who is organised and has good time management practices. It is essential that you have:
- Welding Certificate and current driver licence;
- Ability to undertake manual activities and meet the physical demands of a sale yard environment;
- Ability to operate machinery and a range of hand and power tools;
- Ability to take direction, follow policies and procedures and work well in a team as well as unsupervised;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including employees, customers, agents and contractors; and
- Basic to intermediate computer skills.
Experience in livestock handling and saleyard maintenance practices will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you! Please select "Apply for this job".
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance officer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- What's your expected annual base salary?