Advertiser: HOST InternationalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Nov 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
We are a growing not-for-profit organisation aimed at providing direct relief and strategic support services to improve the livelihoods of refugees, asylum seekers and other displaced people throughout the world.
Through strengths based and trauma informed approaches we provide education and support services to improve the livelihoods and independence of refugees and asylum seekers whilst assisting host countries to integrate them into the general community. Creating and maintaining humanity, hope and dignity is at the core of our work with displaced people and host countries.
About the Role
The Assistant Accountant will work closely with the Finance Manager in maintaining financial accountability across multi-national jurisdictions. As a team of two, the role will process all day to day accounting duties ensuring the maintenance of high-quality finance management systems and compliance, as well as providing general financial support and value add customer service.
- Accounts payable and receivable;
- Intercompany reconciliations;
- Variance analysis;
- Accruals, adjustments and journal postings;
- Weekly and end of month reporting;
- Budgeting and forecasting;
- Bank and credit card reconciliations;
- BAS lodgement;
- Other financial duties as required; and
- Remain abreast of relevant industry or legislative changes and utilise expert knowledge in emerging trends to provide advice.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting systems (Microsoft GP experience essential, Business Central desirable);
- Relevant qualifications and a minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting, financial management and budgeting;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with experience in developing and implementing system and process improvements within tight timeframes;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; and
- The ability to think independently with strong critical decision making abilities.
The salary on offer is in line with the SCHADS Award plus NFP salary packaging, flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
11pm Sunday, 1 December 2019. We will be reviewing applications prior to the closing date, so apply now!
Please direct requests for information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- What's your expected annual base salary?