Commercial Finance Manager
Advertiser: Howden Australia Pty LTDMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Nov 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
The Big Picture
Are you commercially astute and an influential leader, with the ability to operate at both a strategic and operational level?
Would you like the opportunity to work for a market leading global company?
Howden Australia has an immediate need for a Commercial Finance Manager to join our busy Finance team, based in our head office in Rydalmere, NSW.
As our Commercial Finance Manager, you’ll have overall ownership of the Howden Australia financial planning and reporting; strategy planning, annual budget cycle, monthly forecasting and actuals reporting, providing insightful variance analysis.
You have a passion to lead, and will operate in a leader capacity to proactively influence our L2 and L3 management teams in driving profitability growth and delivering forecast.
You will become a trusted advisor to our senior leadership teams, proactively highlighting risk and opportunities related to business growth, optimal investment decisions and providing business modelling and ‘what-if’ scenarios.
What needs to be done?
Business Unit Forecasting
- Strategy planning and review – prepare long term financial forecasts with high level assumptions, incorporating benefits and cost of strategic investments.
- Annual Budgeting process – build budgets for the following year aligned to strategic plan and stretched targets. Provide insightful commentary on growth, bookship, margins and cash flow.
- Monthly Forecast – work closely with L2 and L3 teams to prepare monthly forecast with clear commentaries for movements.
- Complete CRS inputs based on global deadlines and prepare CRS packs for global review.
- Provide insights on risks and opportunities.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis to answer forecasting queries from Finance Director or Howden management.
Business Partner – New Build and Aftermarket Projects
- Provide support for New Build and Aftermarket projects and be the go to person for the Operations Director, Head of AFM and their immediate teams.
- Lead Contract/Warranty review processes for New Build and Aftermarket. Prepare financial inputs and challenge project teams for growth in margins and improved cash curve.
- Ensure accuracy of revenue recognition forecast and actuals (POC) by following Howden Group policies and procedures and ensure accuracy of WIP, Accruals, POC Debtor/Creditor and Warranty.
Weekly Operations Reporting
- Present weekly ops review to senior management and drive actions to achieve forecast.
- Ensure CRS is correctly updated and relevant reports are sent to stakeholders.
Month End Close and Financial Reporting
- Prepare P&L prior to last weekly operations review to understand key risk and opportunities for month end. Identify actions to close the gap and deliver forecast.
- Review AX journals and reconciliations and finalise P&L and ensure financials in AX are accurately mapped to CRS.
- Complete and review all necessary P&L inputs into CRS and ensure no validations exist.
- Review management accounts according to standard accounting practices and internal policies.
- Prepare action plan from monthly actuals review and work with L2 and L3 teams to have them completed prior to next month close. Identify key focus areas for each month and deliver continuous improvements.
Analytics and AX/CRS Super User for HAU
- Leverage data from AX and historical files to prepare key analysis to identify opportunities. Influence L2 and L3 teams to use this data in hunting booking opportunities and pricing/margin improvements.
- Be the super user for AX and CRS; plan training required and become the go to person for all finance system related issues for AX/CRS.
Stakeholder and Staff Management
- Coach and develop your direct report to be highly effective and efficient and plan as potential successor in 2-3 years or earlier.
- Build strong working relationships with Group Finance and Finance teams in other Howden business units. Leverage this network to learn the business and get help in solving business challenges.
- Engage pro-actively with L2 APAC team and build trustful working relationships.
What do you need to bring?
- 5+ years of CPA or equivalent qualifications
- 10 + years’ experience in a senior accounting position
- Good knowledge of accounting systems and processes
- Experience in dealing with Executive management
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
- High integrity and openness combined with a commitment to good governance
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in the pursuit of business growth and success
- Ability to influence and gain credibility both upwards and downwards
- Ability to network internally and externally with all key stakeholders
- Be a change agent in improving financial and business process
- Flexibility in working hours to deliver on critical deadlines and work with offshore teams,
- Display proactive, positive attitude
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be results driven
- The ability to translate numbers into a business story
- The courage to speak up and challenge in an appropriate way
The following experience will also be highly regarded:
- Previous experience working in the Engineering or Construction industry.
- Experience in working for large Multinational company
This is a 6 month fixed term role, with the opportunity to become a permanent role.
What will you get in return?
This is your opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative, global company that offers attractive remuneration packages, flexible working arrangements with global experience and provides a supportive organizational culture.
To express your interest in this position, please send your CV along with a cover letter by no later than Friday 22nd November 2019.
The advantages of working at Howden:
Worldwide business – Liaise with our colleagues in 27 countries.
We offer global and local opportunities– 6000 employees and world leading engineers, who create cutting edge developments – You will be a part of over 160 years of innovation and development that continues today with our digital solutions.
At Howden we have a strong corporate identity and purpose – You will be a member of our team, shaping the future of the world and tackling some of the most pressing issues facing the planet.
Our products and organisation are Revolving Around You – Our culture promotes individual development to enhance our most important asset – our people.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role and working for Howden. We have experienced a very high response rate and as a result, please be aware that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.