General Management Couple - Fiji
Advertiser: Turtle Island FijiMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Nov 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Management
GENERAL MANAGEMENT COUPLE - TURTLE ISLAND, FIJI
- Award winning luxury eco-resort
- Key leadership role in an iconic resort
- Longtime family owned business
- Lead over 100 Fijian staff
THE PROPERTY / OUR STORY
Turtle Island is a private island located in the Yasawas, Fiji. Opened in 1980 following the shooting of the Blue Lagoon movie, Turtle Island has offered a sustainable and authentic Fijian experience that celebrates the Fijian way of life. 14 beachfront villas, 500 acres of serene forests and beaches on the Blue Lagoon. Turtle Island serves as an idyllic sanctuary for travelers seeking connection, community, culture, and consciousness.
As Island General Managers, you will be hands-on hosts who delight in providing guests with enjoyable and memorable experiences. Where guest expectations are met and exceeded. You will engage and lead your experienced Fijian team to ensure a seamless guest experience.
The Turtle Island staff is a major part of the guest experience. It is essential that they continue to provide a nurturing cultural experience but at the same time ensure that they remain service focussed.
Reporting to the Group CEO of Turtle Island, you will be responsible for the overall management of the property. You will oversee all resort operations. This encompasses over 100 full-time Fijian staff living in staff accommodation on-site.
You will have responsibility for all departments including Meet & Greet, Activities, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Spa & Boutique, Engineering & Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Construction, Landscaping, Garden and Warehouse.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
- Direct reports - The following leadership roles are your direct reports:
- Head Chef & Dining Supervisor for the F&B department;
- Housekeeping Supervisor, responsible for all ‘Bure Mamas’ and their roles as housekeepers, guest mentors and cultural advisors;
- Activities Supervisor;
- Boutique & Spa Supervisor; and
- Meet & Greet Supervisor.
- Guest services - You will oversee guest services and guest experience touch points on a daily basis. This will involve:
- Management of the end-to-end guest experience that differentiates Turtle Island and reflects the vision statement – Inspire passion and create life changing memories through experiencing our pure and nurturing Island home;
- Management of service quality and delivery with great attention to detail;
- Anticipation and handling of guest requests and complaints;
- Hosting of meals which are shared at a common table; and selecting of complementary wines.
- Budgets - You will be expected to deliver the end-to-end guest experience, and manage the departments within the budget developed by you in conjunction with the CEO.
Minimum experience and education
- Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major with diverse experience.
- Proven successful experience as a General Manager or Assistant General Manager for a comparable property.
- Experience as a live in manager of a luxury eco or boutique hotel, ideally in a remote location is an advantage.
Essential work skills and knowledge:
- Passion for the Hospitality industry and a deep understanding and commitment to the Turtle Island culture and brand.
- Approachable, motivational, and a positive personality who demonstrates a high level of personal integrity and is highly visible on property by both guests and employees.
- Comfortable with socializing with affluent guests and speaking publicly.
- Keen eye for detail and an understanding of the aesthetic style of Turtle Island.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Strong track record of cultivating relationships resulting in a high percentage of repeat guests.
- Ability to multitask, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines on multiple projects, which may be running concurrently.
- Working knowledge of Office software (word processing, spreadsheet, email etc.) with intermediate skill using Excel.
- A proactive approach and positive attitude at all times.
- Cross-cultural employment experience.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package based on experience and qualifications.
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?