Design & Reliability Manager
Advertiser: TAE AerospaceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Nov 2019
- Brisbane, Western Suburbs & Ipswich
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
TAE Aerospace is a 100% Australian owned and operated Aerospace Engineering Company, servicing the regional, defence and general aviation sectors. Our world class facilities, services and innovative products combined with a suite of regulatory approvals supports the safety and quality of what we deliver.
A unique opportunity has presented itself as TAE Aerospace are currently seeking an engineer to join our Capability Team located in Amberley in the role of Design and Reliability Manager. The successful candidate will manage a team of engineers and para-professionals ensuring technical integrity, compliance and continuous improvement in support of a number of gas turbine engines products in military service. A key focus of this role is ensuring engineering resources are focused on addressing technical issues, with the ultimate objective of improving the safety and reliability of each engine product, whilst minimising the cost of ownership.
This role has the opportunity to be a Form 4 holder within TAE's DASR 21J organisation as the Chief of Office of Airworthiness, subject to approval by DASA.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor of Engineering (in relevant discipline), with post graduate qualifications in engineering or a management related discipline being desirable;
- Be a Chartered Professional Engineer in a relevant discipline, with the ability to register as a Professional Engineer within Queensland;
- Gas turbine engine knowledge is highly desirable;
- Demonstrable knowledge of ADF or Civil airworthiness regulations, particularly working within a design or certification environment;
- Minimum 8 years of aviation experience, to the satisfaction of DASR 21.A.243(d);
- Demonstrable specialist knowledge of performance, reliability and condition monitoring techniques;
- High level proficiency in MS Office suite and database applications;
- Proficiency in the use of computer based engineering applications (e.g. CAD, FEA, CFD, statistical applications);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A strong desire to improve existing engineering and business processes, with a commitment to professional development;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to obtain Australian Defence Security Clearance.
TAE is an equal opportunity employer striving to recruit the best fit by supporting diversity in our workplace. Do you enjoy working with others, pride yourself in your attention to detail and safety, and want to work in a fast paced, commercially focused and growing business? We work in a Safety Sensitive Aviation environment and conduct random alcohol and other drug testing.
To join our team you will need to be self-motivated and enjoy working to the highest standards. Your written and verbal communications skills will be outstanding, as will your attention to detail. You will have the ability to work as part of a large diverse multi-skilled team across a National platform including the ability to train and mentor others.
If this sounds like your next big opportunity, please apply online.
Applications will be accepted until 29 November 2019.
For more information on TAE visit our website www.taeaerospace.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?