Manager Business Operations/Finance
Advertiser: University of Melbourne Graduate Student AssociationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $100,000 - $109,999 (inclusive of 17% Super)
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Accounting, Financial Managers & Controllers
The University of Melbourne Graduate Student Association (GSA) is the independent representative organisation for all graduate coursework and research students at the University of Melbourne. GSA is led by an elected Council of 15 graduate students, and on behalf of over 36,000 constituents represents graduate student interests to the University and wider community, provides facilities and services, delivers events and activities to promote graduate student community and academic excellence, and supports over 130 affiliated graduate student groups.
As the largest dedicated postgraduate association in Australia, GSA’s vision is for cohesive communities that actively empower graduate students to achieve meaningful holistic outcomes and experiences. Our mission is to enable and build these communities through proactive, responsible representation and advocacy; purposeful, impactful services and support; and strong partnerships with the University of Melbourne and relevant stakeholders and agencies.
From our elected student council and our students sitting on University committees, to the leaders of our over 130 affiliated student groups, GSA has a diverse and vibrant community of postgraduate student leaders working on behalf of their peers to achieve positive change. GSA’s Representation Team coordinates and supports these student leaders, and provides expert training and advice to help them be successful in their roles.
About the role
The Manager Business Operations (Finance) is responsible for the smooth running of the day-to-day Finance, Audit, HR, OH&S, IT, Business Continuity, Risk, Quality, Compliance, Building Management operations in conjunctions with external providers to all internal clients (including the Council) that leads to continuous improvement in processes. The role is to support the CEO and Leadership Team and other stakeholders (both internal and external) to create the best outcomes for the graduates and the organisation. The position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organisational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organisation’s financial and operational functions and overseeing:
- IT Strategy and Business Continuity
The role is part time (FTE 0.8), and a two year fixed term contract.
Key Selection Criteria (Knowledge, experience and skills)
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified Accountant with relevant Accounting Degree (Bachelor)
- ACA or CPA member
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Experience in working within Non-profit sectors may be advantageous yet not essential
- Developing, monitoring and managing organisational budgets
- Continuous improvement in the areas of financial reporting and compliance
- Supplier contract management
- Management of office accommodation and associated facilities and services
- Provision of office facilities to internal and external customers
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of contemporary HR issues including Fair Work Act.
- Proven experience in driving cultural change by delivering key HR projects to positively influence the organisation
- The ability to influence, coach and mentor both management and employees at all levels within the business
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong business relationships
Analytical and decision-making skills
- Produces timely and meaningful reports
- Identifies potential problems/trends through thorough analysis
- Uses appropriate tools for analysing various types of data
GSA is committed to diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender or sexual orientation, religious affiliation or ability.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close on 29 November 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Have you completed a certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?