Part Time Compliance Officer 2-3 Days per week (TBD)
Advertiser: New York Film AcademyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2019
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Other
The New York Film Academy was founded in 1992 on the belief that a top-quality education in filmmaking should be accessible to anyone with the drive and ambition to make films. The school opened at Robert De Niro’s Tribeca Film Center in New York City, and has expanded worldwide to include campuses in New York; Los Angeles; Miami; and Gold Coast, Australia (NYFA Australia was established in 2011).
At NYFA Australia, courses are designed for a new generation of filmmakers, screenwriters, actors, producers and animators who share a passion for motion pictures and want to learn by making their own projects in hands-on practical programs.
Key Role Functions:
- Oversee RTO scope of registration including validation of training and assessment resources;
- Conduct and manage all internal and external audits involving the RTO;
- Identify areas of compliance vulnerability and risks associated by providing guidance to the management team;
- Coordinate reporting requirements for ASQA and other relevant regulatory bodies;
- Monitor and update changes in relevant legislation
- Assist with reporting requirements across states and federal bodies;
- Develop, implement and evaluate policy and procedures in line with accreditation requirements to ensure compliance with RTO Standards;
- Maintain compliance registers including policies and procedures, trainer qualifications, competencies and complaints;
- Implement all necessary requirements to meet ASQA Standards, VET Quality Framework and all other regulatory requirements;
- Other duties as requested by senior management.
- Other duties as requested by senior management
Knowledge & Skills
- Expert coherence and understanding of VET sector, RTO Compliance, ASQA Standards for RTOSs and CRICOS
- Ability to interpret key legislation and translate into novice language for staff
- Demonstrated understanding of auditable data
- Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise in a busy workplace
- Motivated and driven self-starter
- Proven skill set in Training and Assessing
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years working in a similar position preferably within an RTO
- Strong academic background
- Diploma in Quality Auditing or equivalent auditing experience.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Previous experience in Audits and regulator interaction
- Experience with ASQA submissions, CRICOS registrations and course accreditation
- Proven ability to guide and support Management, Administration and Faculty Departments with compliance related policies and procedures.
- This is an exciting career opportunity for a driven, self motivated and RTO experienced person to join a Creative and World Class team within the Film Industry.
To submit your application -
Clearly identify how you have or will achieve the above key role functions listed above
Only applications addressing the above Key Role functions in a Cover Letter along with a CV will be considered and shortlisted.
- How many years' experience do you have as a compliance officer?
- Do you have experience working for a registered training organisation (RTO)?
- Do you have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
- What's your highest level of education?