Advertiser: ZM PARTNERSMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- $40,000 - $59,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
ZM Partners is a well-established firm conveniently located within Sydney CBD. There are currently 2 Partners and 14 staff with plans for growth. ZM Partners has a fantastic full-time opportunity for a Junior Accountant to join our highly capable collaborative Business Services team based in Sydney CBD.
This role would be best suited to a recent graduate or a university student in their last semester in a Business/Finance related degree as it will involve technical understanding and application of accounting principles. You will be reporting directly to the Managers and will be assisting Senior team members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Assist with the flow of information between clients and our firm
- Basic understanding of different legal structures for entities
- Assisting in preparation of Income Tax Returns
- Assisting in preparation of Financial Accounts for Companies and Trusts
- Assisting in preparation of BAS/IAS and lodgement
- Ensure that all work is error-free and professionally presented and complies with ZM Partners procedures and systems
- Computer data input using XERO or other Online Accounting Software
- Prepare ATO applications such as ABN, TFN, GST and PAYG and ASIC Forms
- Liaising with ATO and other government organisations as necessary i.e. OSR. ASIC
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant taxation and other relevant legislation and rulings. Participate in external and internal training as required
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks
Skills and experience: The Ideal candidate will have
- A strong interest in tax and auditing, and wanting to gain experience and put your knowledge into practice,
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management & organisational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent listening, verbal & written communication skills
- An ability to "think outside the square" and to develop innovative solutions.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Tax Accounting experience would be advantageous
- Experience with accounting software such as MYOB AE, Xero, MYOB would be advantageous.
- A friendly, social personality
- Recently graduated or in their last term of Business/Economics/Finance Degree
For details regarding our firm please visit our website www.zmp.com.au.
If this role sounds like you and you would like to know more, please email Lisa@zmp.com.au and attach your CV and latest academic transcripts.