Crew Member - Construction
Advertiser: Central Coast CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Nov 2019
- Gosford & Central Coast
- $50K to $60K p.a + $16.20 weekly allowance + super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Labourers
The Location and Company
Central Coast Council is one of Australia's largest Regional Councils with over 2400 employees, spanning a significant geographical area on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hours drive south of Newcastle. The Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Overview of the Role
The Crew Member-Construction is responsible for the delivery of construction projects, predominantly in the area of roads and drainage. We currently have several roles available, working within a team of in-house construction staff on various projects across the Central Coast.
Council will also be creating an eligibility list from this recruitment process and may utilise this eligibility list to fill other Crew Member- Construction vacancies in future.
The successful candidates will be true team players who are eager to learn new skills and techniques in civil construction. They will have experience in labouring duties such as general concreting and formwork, pipe laying, erosion and sediment control methods. They will understand and value workplace safety and will have experience in actively contributing to a culture that upholds the safety of all workers, stakeholders and the environment.
Key activities of this role include:
- Carry out construction labouring duties associated with the completion of roads, drainage and concreting works;
- Operate small plant and equipment including rollers, other compaction equipment, electrical tools, levelling lasers, chainsaws and concrete saws;
- Prepare and maintain job sites including safety and environment controls and directing traffic.
Essential Criteria Includes:
- General Induction Card (White) for Construction Works or equivalent;
- Current Class C Driver's Licence (or provisional);
- RMS Traffic Controller Licences (Yellow and/or Blue) or willingness to obtain;
- Safe Work near Overhead Power Lines or willingness to obtain.
Click on "Apply for this job" and follow the link to our website to apply and obtain the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
These roles provide a salary range of $959.15 to $1,151.02 per week ($50,008 to $60,014 per annum) + Superannuation + $16.20 weekly Allowance.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role. This arrangement may be subject to change.
Applicants will be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to complete an online assessment as part of the interview process.
Central Coast Council is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a healthy and safe work environment. Central Coast Council is committed to diversity in our community and workforce. We encourage Indigenous Australians, people with a disability and people from diverse backgrounds to apply to be part of our inclusive team.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Enquiries: Barry Rogers, Team Leader Construction on 0419 411 306.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday, 1 December 2019